SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 1994 saab 900 turbo convertible and am hearing a clunking noise from the rear of the car. I jacked up the rear end and removed the tires and it looks like the noise is coming from the bushings on the rear torsion bar. This term cam directly from the bentley manual for this piece. It looks like a rod with two circles, one on each end.

I've also seen this part referred to as the trailing arm I think? Long story short i want to replace the bushings but I cant seem to find them since i'm not really sure what this thing is. Does anyone have a part number or some more info that can help me source these? Thank you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its called different things depending which side of the atlantic you're on, but I found a good schematic on thesaabsite.com and ordered both bushings, took off the arm, treated it with rust converter and painted it; then had a local auto shop press out the old bushings and press in the new for $10. Took about 2 hours total work, spread over a couple of days to let the paint dry. Or you can buy a whole new arm with bushings installed, I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info guys!!! I've been looking for these parts for a week and was totally getting hung up on the name thing. I really appreciate the help and clarification. Just so i'm clear if I want to do both sides I would need:

Torque Rod Front to Hub (2 of these for left and right) Part#9103110
Torque Rod rear bushing (2 of these for left and right) Part#8956468

If I want to do the track rod as well i'd need (2 bushings) (part#8932014)

thanks again,
Roger

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you're getting them from Eeuroparts make sure to get the order over $49 for the free shipping. You can always find something you need to get you over the hump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts