SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The PCV breather hose actually passes through a coolant hose. The purpose is to keep the breather hose warm, so that oil does not congeal in the breather pipe. I think the hose from the throttle body that joins the breather hose is the return pipe for one of the other coolant hoses that joins the throttle body from the block.

If you look at the firewall end of the breather hose, you'll find a pipe from the water pump ... that's the one that will link up with the hose off the TB that you describe.

If you were to remove the breather hose completely, which is what I think you're intending, provide a smaller bore hose from the water pump to the one you are describing that meets the breather hose at the plastic pre-turbo pipe. Also, block off the breather hose at the pre-turbo plastic pipe and run from the crankcase to a catch bottle with a vent. I have found that my car prefers to have the PCV vac pipe attached back to the intake manifold, rather than blocked off.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

Okay, I think he's talking about the pipes that meet at a perpendicular angle to each other on the plastic pre-throttle pipe. The small of the two, which is 'S' shaped, returns to the throttle body. That's the pipe I was speaking of in my text above. That pipe goes into a larger pipe (that the breather hose also sits within) and does up to the water pump.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orca said:

The small of the two, which is 'S' shaped, returns to the throttle body. That's the pipe I was speaking of in my text above. That pipe goes into a larger pipe (that the breather hose also sits within) and does up to the water pump.
thanks Paul,
I just wasn't sure what it could be. yes some day I will be removing my breather piping and hook up the bottle and all that, maybe after I do an FMIC. I was really just wondering if it's air/"breathing" related. All clear now.
Evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts