SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do these fans last? And where can one obtain quality fans? It the longevity guaged on miles and or years or both?

tHANKS!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The fans are pretty spendy.
I have a spare set from a younger, lower mileage car in storage for mine, but was wondering about some of the newer, high flow stuff available and for less $ too. We can always fashion mounting points.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I dont know how any other fan can be more efficient. I live in Phoenix where its fricken 120 degrees in the summer and have never had any problems with the car running hot or even getting near the 1/2 way point.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
David,
While I get your point (I run plenty cool in 95+ ambient temps), wouldn't a higher CFM fan for about $100 and all ball bearing be at least as efficient and certainly easier on the wallett?:)

·
Registered
959 Posts
David,
While I get your point (I run plenty cool in 95+ ambient temps), wouldn't a higher CFM fan for about $100 and all ball bearing be at least as efficient and certainly easier on the wallett?:)
if sure would! I need to replace my fans and all I can think of is JUNK YARD!!! thats my playground. I go about once a week. for some reason in the 2 yards I go to there are about 10 c900 to pick parts from:cheesy:

But a new ballbearing fan would be nice. any fans in paticular that will work?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
91900turbo said:
How long do these fans last? And where can one obtain quality fans? It the longevity guaged on miles and or years or both?

tHANKS!

Cooling fans are typically a "life of car" piece... sometimes the bearing wears out and it wobbles, or the motor dies... but really this is something that normally you would never replace. The temp switch and relay that turns it on though...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
and how long is a long piece of string. :roll: how many times does your fan come on?? as said above it should last the life time of the car, WHAT A MILLION MLS,? that's a good fan that is.
I have a couple of spares off one i broke, but don't expect to use them but just incase i kept them, but then that's why i can't get my car in the garage i have so many spare parts that never get used:cheesy:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I concur! I have a few good yards within my vicinity too. $25.00 per fan! Radiators for 35.00, U-pull! And most of these donor parts are in new like condition, in addition the cars are moderate to low mileage vehicles! What a savings. The best part that I tend to enjoy is the relays and other electric parts that cost a fortune. I have lots of spare relays and other realted fuse blocks etc. The funny thing is these cars hold their paint well. I mean my car seems as though it has 50 coats of paint on it. Volvos tend to be the same too!
davidlytle said:
if sure would! I need to replace my fans and all I can think of is JUNK YARD!!! thats my playground. I go about once a week. for some reason in the 2 yards I go to there are about 10 c900 to pick parts from:cheesy:

But a new ballbearing fan would be nice. any fans in paticular that will work?

·
Registered
825 Posts
hot car!

that car is sooo hot!!!

It look like new, afer some repairs..
But I just dont like white... :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts