SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear many things Turbos have more power then non turbo cars. I beleave this with alot of car setups but not all.

My parents was amazed hitting a mountain road at 65mph and ended up going 95mph Before they hit the top with out farting. About 3,500 feet climb in about 8 mins. Total of a Mile high. 5,400 feet level.

Now saab is a 1997 2.0 turbo Ten years old. There is 2.3 LT and 2.6 LT. My car is 2.0LT turbo. From the 3 Which is better and which has a higher HP and has lower gas milage.

The car is 2.0Lt Turbo Automatic.

By the way I hate automatics.

They lack the power.

·
Registered
138 Posts
2.0 130 H.P. 177,Nm

2.3 150 H.P. 210,Nm

2.5 170 H.P. 227,Nm

2.0 turbo 185 H.P. with 263,Nm of torque with the standard box and a drop to 230 with the auto box.

M.P.G. how heavy's your foot?

·
Registered
956 Posts
we dont have a the 2.0 n/a here in the states or atleast ive never seen or heard of one in the states for a ng900.

--to answer your question though, without a doubt turbo model on ng900 is best by far. most power stock, way more aftermarket tuning options and potential.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
TURBO all the way!!

Saab is know for turbo charging and I wouldn't own one any other way for the following reasons:
1. Lots of power even at highway speeds
2. Great gas mileage, even when pushing it but truely amazing if you have a light foot....I don't.
3. I'm a firm believer that turbo charged engines will outlast NAs, if properly maintained....frequent oil changes and easy on the pedal until the engine is FULLY warmed up. I'm on my third turbo Saab and my last two were still running strong after 200+K miles. Makes sense to me as these egines are designed to take the full power and stress of the turbo but 95% of the time they're running unstressed.

Best of luck...
Robert

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did the sid 3 Test. Going to the Saab Dealer. It seems to show 23mpg. This was going about 85mph. Most of it was flat land. Getting home it test around 21.5 mpg. I am glad I dont have to drive much.

I went South to see some of my family. Mountains are up and down. About the same 23.5 mpg. Going home my mom wanted to drive. Man I was thinking doing 85mph is having a lead Foot. Get a song she likes and it like 95 to 100mph. So about 18mpg.

Her excuse was the car like to take off on you. I ask why not put it on Cruse control. Her Answer, That take all the fun out of it. I told her Dose Hotrod Mom mean anything. Well if that was not bad she game for street racing.

Now if I stay on the mountain town I get around 20mpg. 60 mph.

What should the PSI of the Saab 2.0 turbo get. I am guessing 6 to 12 PSI

·
Registered
713 Posts
take it from a guy that owns a n/a v6... BUY A TURBO, you cant find any performance mods for a n/a, if you want a car that is easily modified buy a manual 2.0 T

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
He has a turbo. ;)

As Pete pointed out. Notice the 2.0 has .3 less litres, yet puts out 35 more HP. The 2.5 has .5 MORE liters +2 more cylinders and still puts out LESS HP then the 2.0.
Turbo charged, baby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts