SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have speedparts intake, mbc+A, jack stoll dp, saab sport exhaust, viggen rescue kit, 18 inch rims, kumho tires, and i ran a 15.52 in the quarter mile, reaction time was .6 that was my first time racing at a track and the mbc+a wasnt tuned very well, so with some practice on better launching and reaction time, and some tuning i should be able to do better next time

i also ran a 15.56 with a 1.1 second reaction time....ouch

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah, as Rico said, the reaction time doesn't have any bearning on your quarter mile time, as the timer doesn't start when the light turns, it starts when you cross the beam. Your reaction time is the time between when the last light on the tree goes and when you cross the beam. You could have a reaction time of 20 seconds and still run a 13 second 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a manual i kept bogging it down because i tried dumping the clutch instead of launching it, when i did those runs i ran 16.0 which is embarrasing, when i launched the clutch i ran in the 15's

when i ran the 15.56 i had a 60 foot time of 2.359 seconds and a trap speed of 89.48 mph
when i ran the 15.52 i had a 60 foot time of 2.480 seconds and a trap speed of 94.29 mph
thats kinda wierd, 60 foot time was faster on the slower over all time and the with a slower 60 foot time i pulled a higher mph and a faster overall time

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
With an ecu d large intercooler you should get under 15s, and real close the 100 mph, and we all know what that means...Viggen Beater!!!!!! :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts