SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one thing is to look at WIS, or I would have been going "where's the oil filter??"

WIS recommends disconnecting two connectors above the oil filter. The one with the red sliding lock was trivial. I did not see how to undo the other one, so I just left it.

You do need a socket that fits the oil filter cap. Not sure what size I used, but a random large one I grabbed fit.

I was surprised that the filter element came with the cap. In retrospect, that's what WIS tells you. The filter was fairly twisted....not sure if that's from my removal.

The oil pan plug was tight. I wasn't sure if there was an additional gasket or what I saw on the plug head was it. Found a part store that sold me a made-in-China plug that included a seal; I pulled it and put it on my OEM plug (after removing the old seal, of course). How does one know if the gasket should be replaced, or is it replaced every time?

There's a lot of oil in a B208, but it drains pretty quickly.

Car ran afterwards. That was good.

I'll put my questions about the "OIL QUALITY" stuff in SID under "Stupid questions".

·
Super Moderator
20,240 Posts
I don’t disconnect anything. filter housing comes right out easy. never replaced oil plug gasket. no leaks.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Saab recommend oil plug seal change every time.

BTW, you meant B 207?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts