SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: what happened to this wondeful engine? i think it have a great potencial, but doesn´t seems that GM is going to release it. (no news about this engine in a long time)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
pedroturbo said:
:cry: what happened to this wondeful engine? i think it have a great potencial, but doesn´t seems that GM is going to release it. (no news about this engine in a long time)
I guess by the fact that it's now been put on display in the Saab museum means the idea has been dropped totally.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
GM Shelved It

There's a similar thread going on in another Forum here at SaabCentral and I posted in more detail there.

I had read on another board that GM shelved it and that the prototype is currently literally gathering dust under a staircase in Trollhattan.

I don't know details of why the engine wasn't adopted, but I did read that once the engine was in full production it was predicted to cost the same amount to build as a standard engine, so cost can't be a contributing factor.

I don't know if there were any technical problems that couldn't be overcome that we haven't heard about.

Or conspiracy theorists might figure GM couldn't fit an engine into its master plan that puts out the output of a V6 (225hp) while only sipping fuel and outputting minimal emissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts