SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sooooo close to getting my motor up and running but I have hit (hopefully my last) problem :roll:

Everything is back together and im just connecting the last of the wiring, however I cant remember where some of the plugs/connectors go... Can someone tell me where they go please?! 1 of them is on the main engine wiring loom just past the plugs that connect to the injector's and looks pretty much identical to the injector ones, also there is two red wires with rubber protectors on?!

Thanks for all your help during my re-build guy's, appreciate it! :cheesy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's positive coz i aint got air-con :cheesy: I'll forget about them then! So just the injector plug lucky likey then!? Also there's one on the wire that goe's to the dizzy that i cant find...

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
or you might not need to connect it. I think there might be a diagnostic's plug on the top of the fuel-rail that just sits there. If all the connectors have plugs on them already then this is probably what your looking at.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres a pic of what i mean... It's cranking but not starting at the mo, I guess that could be something else not connected!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I agree with the advice you've been given:

The 2 red wires go to a temp. sensor in the top radiator hose; this sensor's function is to kill power to the AC compressor if the engine starts to overheat. Just ignore these wires:)

The spare 2-pin connector is also ignorable--it's not connected to anything. The only place something like it could go is the AIC valve (idle control); if you already have this valve's connector on, though, you're OK.

Maybe your non-start condition is due to the crank sensor (Hall sensor) still being unplugged? Many 900s of the vintage of yours had the crank sensor; its connector is a gray, 3-wire one down near the base of the engine-oil dipstick tube.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It Lives!!!

It's up and running again, its made my week! Only prob is that the temp gauge & cooling fan arn't working :eek: Has anyone got any pics to show me where the connector's are so i can check them out please?

Thanks againto everyone who has helped me during my re-build!

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
proctorj said:
Only prob is that the temp gauge & cooling fan arn't working :eek: Has anyone got any pics to show me where the connector's are so i can check them out please?
That'll be the spade connector for the water temperature sensor that's been knocked off. It's on the front (radiator end) of the cylinder head, underneath IIRC of the thermostat housing. Part 53 in the diagram below:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts