SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, yes! I figured it was either that or a cupholder since I felt no ventilation air moving through it. Time to scour ebay.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Ahh, yes! I figured it was either that or a cupholder since I felt no ventilation air moving through it. Time to scour ebay.
Or tell your rear-seat passengers that only you may smoke :p

The one on my 91 turbo vert I have but it doesn't fit properly and keeps falling out...

·
Registered
467 Posts
The one on my 91 turbo vert I have but it doesn't fit properly and keeps falling out...
All 4 of my 900s have had this problem. It is particularly noticable on the 2/3drs as back seat passengers always seem to kick it out when entering/exiting the car. I taped mine up with black electrical tape as I no longer smoke. If you really want your rear seat passengers to smoke, I would reccomend passing around an empty beer can or similar. Top tip: leave a few dregs of said beverage in the bottom of the can to help extinguish them.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There are 2 different styles of springs at the base of the ashtray. The newer style seems to pop out with much more frequency, IMHO, so I'd suggest getting an older one with the longer springs. I probably have half a dozen unneeded ones sitting around that I'd be glad to part with. I have no idea where they keep coming from, I don't intentionally collect them. ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd probably just tape it shut as well (if I had one). That gaping hole is such an eyesore. It would be nice to put a single cup holder or slide-out storage tray there.

The chunky bright red Radio Shack switch someone installed for the interior lights isn't much to look at either, but somehow I find it crudely charming.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That rear ashtray is a great holder for misculaneous screws and bolts that are left over after a project has been finished. Just stores them temproarily till something falls off and its like "AHHH So thats where those went" :cheesy:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That rear ashtray is a great holder for misculaneous screws and bolts that are left over after a project has been finished. Just stores them temproarily till something falls off and its like "AHHH So thats where those went" :cheesy:
That's what I use the front ashtray for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts