SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took some pics of the 900 and the recent project I have been working on Ill post those in a seperate post. but Here she is in all her glory!

just after I painted the bumpers and side panels

here is a very photoshoped image of what I would like her to look like when Im done

Here Is a picture of the new dash I put in!!! yeah

here is a pic of the new facia and glove box

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
David,

Very nice. It looks very good. How did you do it?

I'm getting ready to paint the bumpers and trim on my 90 SPG. I don't have any professional spray equipment and was wondering how you did your bumper and trim? I was planning on just buying some primer, sandpaper, putty, and the canned spray they sell for vinyl/plastic trim. I plan to remove all except the trim around the wheel wells to paint it. What do you think?

Steve

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Oh, I just went back to the forum and saw that you did post a walk through on your paint job. I'll read through it and get back if I have any questions.

Sc

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just posted a walkthrough for the painting of the trim and bumpers. May I suggest from experience. Get some filler for the bumpers if they are dinged up. Mine look great but would have looked better if I would have used some sort of puddy/bondo on the bumpers and sanded that down before painting. you dont need any professional equipment to do the bumper paint. just a steady hand and the spray paint listed in the review. good luck. and have fun. I really enjoyed this last project.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
David,

Yea, I read your walk through and it encouraged me that I was on the right track. It's winter here now and I see palm trees in your pictures. How nice! I'll have to heat up the garage and I will definitely use the putty where needed.

I'm acutally swapping bumpers with my rusted out but running strong 88 900 since the SPG's front bumber has been crunched. The paint job is going to make a big difference.

Thanks Again,

Sc

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL on the redone one it doesnt have the key marks down the whole side of the car and the wheel arch is fixed. THANKS though! And I think I fixed the leaning rear end and removed the scratch from the glass.

·
Registered
825 Posts
nice girl

Hey man,

It looks nice and oldschool! It would be sexy with a saab spoiler at the back.

I have a problem tho. I lost my car keys today!!
I have a extra set so only 1 key that was maid extra.
Somebody out there has my keys (they stole them).

What can I do so he does not get in the car and drive away??
Or just steal stuff inside.. i have some good stuff there.

I guess nothing right?
Thanks for your help to all!

Mati.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts