SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In France we only have 2 years warranty and no free services. Yes they will redo the Tech2 for me free but that's it. In the US I believe you have 6 years. I dream of that.. And Canada maybe 3 or 4.

Am reading of door handles fading, radio knobs and dashboard peeling.
Could a Mod open a thread where we know what to look out for and have replaced under warranty before it expires. For instance our batteries are, and have to be, huge.... how long do they last? And surely I am not the only one here to have had the earlier model 9-3 where we had to replace the SIDs at considerable cost. I have read of members who have had their Rossos replaced at reduced cost.... etc

I believe all this information will soon be of great value to us all. Our 9-3 SSs are not getting younger and will need taking care of.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
DavidMorgan said:
Could a Mod open a thread where we know what to look out for and have replaced under warranty before it expires.
This is of interest to me as well snce I'm coming up on this. I can start colelcting info& add it in a section in the FAQ? Or a section to my Technical Diary?

In the US, we have a 4 yr or 50,000 mile warranty. Free scheduled maintenance is for 3 yrs or 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Viscouse said:
This is of interest to me as well snce I'm coming up on this. I can start colelcting info& add it in a section in the FAQ? Or a section to my Technical Diary?

In the US, we have a 4 yr or 50,000 mile warranty. Free scheduled maintenance is for 3 yrs or 36,000 miles.
If you buy a Certified Pre Owned SAAB, you get 6 years or 100,000 miles from original inservice date. Covers everything except Onstar, audio equipment and wear/tear items.
Wear/Tear items like clutch disk, brake pads, rotors are covered for 1 year or 16,000 miles during basic warranty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here in Norway we have 3 years warranty from Saab, but no free service. On the other hand we have 5 years claims on manufactory defects, by law.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
eikari said:
Here in Norway we have 3 years warranty from Saab, but no free service. On the other hand we have 5 years claims on manufactory defects, by law.
How is the 5 year law different from warranty?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Viscouse said:
There is nothing to service during the last 6,000 miles of the free scheduled maintenance period! Talk about puffing up your feathers for the sales pitch. :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
schernov said:
How is the 5 year law different from warranty?
The law is valid for all articles you buy that cost over a certain amount of money (cars, washing machines etc), regardless of any warranties supplied by the manufacture. It has to be a manufacturing defect, so if you e.g. destroy you volume button on your radio you can’t get a new one referencing this law.

When the SID in my almost 5 years old 9-3 started to complain and loosing dot’s, I got a new one for free because of this law (the Saab warranty was expired). The reason is that a LCD is normally built to last longer than 4 years, so when mine broke after 4 years it had to be a manufacturing defect. But, if Saab could prove that I had broken the LCD by e.g. using a screwdriver on the panel, they could and probably would, denied it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts