SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got exactly 5k miles on the clock now and I want to bring the car in for tire rotation and an oil change. How much do you suppose dealers charge to get these both done?

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
I plan to do oil changes myself. In a classic 900, it was easy. No need for rhino ramps or lying down on the ground. Why not call a dealer? Why not let us know how much it costs at your dealer? Some people may take it to their gas station. If so, bring your own oil if you are picky of which oil you want and review the owner's manual so that you can advice them on what to do if they aren't quite sure. Even if you don't change the oil yourself, you can easily become very familiar with what to do (i.e. remove engine cover, move over a wire to get access to the oil filter, remove drain plug, etc.)

As far as tire rotation, I plan to disregard the recommendation and simply replace 2 front tires when they are worn. I might rotate the tires once then throw out all 4 Pirelli P6 4 Seasons and replace them with better tires.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My local Saab dealer charges $69 (oil change, filter change & all other "shop" charges).

Not sure on tire rotations at dealer. Costco & other tire merchants usually charge <$20.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Not sure on the actual services but I do know the hourly rate is $92 an hour.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My dealer hit me up for around $65 for a full-synthetic oil and filter change on the SS. This was at Paul Miller Saab in Edison, NJ back in December 2004.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I figured since it was going to be a long weekend, I'd just ask some of you folks to get an idea. I hope it's not more than what you guys have posted. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts