SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was checking one of the threads and found this image taken by Matt88S I hope you dont mind. I didnt want to take my cluster out. Anyway I was wonder what this does. Where the arrow is pointing. My odometer isnt working and think this might have something to do with it. It looks like something screws into it to make the odometer work.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
davidlytle said:
I was checking one of the threads and found this image taken by Matt88S I hope you dont mind. I didnt want to take my cluster out. Anyway I was wonder what this does. Where the arrow is pointing. My odometer isnt working and think this might have something to do with it. It looks like something screws into it to make the odometer work.
The arrow's not particularly clear, but it looks like you're pointing at the speed sensor on the back of the speedo - it's for cruise control, AIUI.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Are you pointing at the two black diamonds? They hold the temp and fuel gauges in place. The black line is pointing directly at the ribbon wireing though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its an arrow poing to the tube on the back of the gauge. I probably should have used red or some other colour. But none the less its still and arrow pointing to a tube on the back.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That thing is unused on every 900 I've seen it on, it doesn't do anything. It has nothing to do with your cruise control. I'm not sure why it's there, but ignore it, nothing plugs in there.

-Rob

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
i had a car without oddometer working, it had been disconected at back of speedo as well, connected to speedo still no go, checked the connection on g/box ok so undid it and the speedo drive shaft (plastic gear)was damaged to bits, how why,??????? got another just slid it into place speedo works fine, try it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If your speedometer works but your odometer doesn't, it's a gear problem inside the gauge itself. The cable is fine. You can swap a new speedo gauge into the cluster, but the odometer milage will be off anyways!

Good luck,
-Rob

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the damn thing has never worked since I have had the car! LOL I was gonna roll it back to 00000000 as a joke. But its not so easy to roll it from 105k in either direction

1 - 10 of 10 Posts