SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there sigificant suspention changes, handling. I know it has a little more power than normal turbo. but what else makes it better?

·
Registered
294 Posts
.. Yeah susp mods from the factory, a body kit with fog lights. Some models had a more powerful apc box too I believe. My 85 also came with rear window louvres and came with only the Saab badges. No 900 or turbo markings. Nor does it have side turn signals.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
85spgATL said:
.. Yeah susp mods from the factory, a body kit with fog lights. Some models had a more powerful apc box too I believe. My 85 also came with rear window louvres and came with only the Saab badges. No 900 or turbo markings.
The only standard thing on the SPG package are the 3 spoke rims and the body kit. 900 Turbos almost always had the fog lamps.

The lower suspension (by 1 cm) and the 5 hp extra turbo boost on the APC box arrived only from the 1987 model year.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The SPG Turbo unit itself is the same as a standard 900 Turbo. Some years just have a slightly different APC Turbo control unit.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
They often had a higher level of trim/leather in the interior. Hard to say this or that specifically given the changes over the years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts