SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have been reading the WIS and i keep coming across +15 or +30 for certain fuses going to the TWICE, does +15 mean it carries a positive 15 volt DC? any idea? thanks and when they mention I bus (+) and I bus (-) is that run on its on system or is the (-) the ground? thanks guys

·
Registered
585 Posts
hello i have been reading the WIS and i keep coming across +15 or +30 for certain fuses going to the TWICE, does +15 mean it carries a positive 15 volt DC? any idea? thanks and when they mention I bus (+) and I bus (-) is that run on its on system or is the (-) the ground? thanks guys
+15 is switched power(turns on with the ignition)
+30 is continuous power(stays on all the time)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much, that helps a ton. would the WIS say anything about voltage in a specific wire?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wis

Folks:

I need electrical diagram for a 2003 95. WIS has it, I know. My question is where to get it? I have a weird problem with the fuel pump relay buzzing and need to follow each wire. Thanks,

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Did you try swapping out the relay? And checking all related fuses?

Folks:

I need electrical diagram for a 2003 95. WIS has it, I know. My question is where to get it? I have a weird problem with the fuel pump relay buzzing and need to follow each wire. Thanks,

·
Registered
273 Posts
Buzzing fuel pump relay

Yes, of course. Replaced both fuel pump relay, Ignition relay (I think), ignition switch, FUEL pump! fuse 14 and 15, checked all others and same weird problem. Have a friend going through each wire, but she was working fine before quitting... Do not know what to think:evil:

·
Registered
363 Posts
thank you very much, that helps a ton. would the WIS say anything about voltage in a specific wire?
To answer the last question, before the hijack....

Normally you won't see a specific voltage reading listed for a specific wire in the wiring diagrams. +15 and +30 are just some industry conventions for denoting supply wires that come directly from battery (+30, power is there at all times that battery is connecte in the vehicle) and from ignition (+15).

There are some ranges for voltages in the text for trouble-shooting, but not on the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plus 30 and plus 15

Hello

+15, means when you have the ignition key on the accesories position
+ 30, means the voltage on the system have the alternator charging then the engine is running to charge the batteries few minutes the cranking was past.

Someone know how ISO or ANSI standar have this conventional values?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts