SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3032347378.html

What do you think of price? I'm thinking of offering a couple thousand less if I like it. However my question about the car is, what are the differences (besides interior/exterior cosmetics) between this and a regular 9-3 sport? Anything in the suspension? Brakes? Engine looks to be the same. My concerns is maintenance for the brakes or suspension if something needs to be replaced. I know the bumpers are ever harder to get than a regular 9-3 so if there's an accident I could be screwed. I just bought a 2008 9-3 sport and my wife loves it. She got rid of her 2004 escape for it, and I would be getting rid of my 2009 fusion for this.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3032347378.html

What do you think of price? I'm thinking of offering a couple thousand less if I like it. However my question about the car is, what are the differences (besides interior/exterior cosmetics) between this and a regular 9-3 sport? Anything in the suspension? Brakes? Engine looks to be the same. My concerns is maintenance for the brakes or suspension if something needs to be replaced. I know the bumpers are ever harder to get than a regular 9-3 so if there's an accident I could be screwed. I just bought a 2008 9-3 sport and my wife loves it. She got rid of her 2004 escape for it, and I would be getting rid of my 2009 fusion for this.
As far as engine, it'll be the same as your wife's 9-3 and the same (sadly/comically) as the '03 ARC/Vector. Aside from cosmetics, the car has a different suspension, it sits IIRC, about 15mm lower than the non Aero. The brakes should be the exact same as the power is the same as the base car... no need for more braking power. If you're concerned about body parts, look for a low mileage '07.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as engine, it'll be the same as your wife's 9-3 and the same (sadly/comically) as the '03 ARC/Vector. Aside from cosmetics, the car has a different suspension, it sits IIRC, about 15mm lower than the non Aero. The brakes should be the exact same as the power is the same as the base car... no need for more braking power. If you're concerned about body parts, look for a low mileage '07.
I want really low miles as I plan on putting a lot of miles on this car. About 25,000 a year or more once I move out of state. As long as the brakes are the same then i'm not too worried. I'm actually glad it has the 2.0 because gas mileage is also important to me. I just like the interior/exterior and hid's.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The front brakes on my 2011 aero look different to me than the ones on my 2006 2.0T that I no longer own.

Front brakes on 2011 aero

Rear brakes on 2011 aero

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
2010 2.0 aero's still use the 314mm larger v6 aero brakes

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
That is a good price for that car. If I wanted one I would buy it. I think he is offering it out at a fair price and I would not try to beat him up on it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a good price for that car. If I wanted one I would buy it. I think he is offering it out at a fair price and I would not try to beat him up on it.
Im a Realtor so I negotiate for a living. I have to beat people up on their price. I got my wife's 2008 9-3 with 37,000 miles for $10,800 (originally asking $13,300). Pricing for Saab's is pretty tough. Dealers are still trying to get $20,000+ for used ones around here.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

Sadly? Comically? I love the 2.0T. More than 100HP per liter, good gas mileage, lighter than the V6. And won't a Stage 1 for $400-600 bump the HP to 240-250 HP? Which is stock V6 territory.

Billm006... do you like the engine in your wife's car?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im a Realtor so I negotiate for a living. I have to beat people up on their price. I got my wife's 2008 9-3 with 37,000 miles for $10,800 (originally asking $13,300). Pricing for Saab's is pretty tough. Dealers are still trying to get $20,000+ for used ones around here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly? Comically? I love the 2.0T. More than 100HP per liter, good gas mileage, lighter than the V6. And won't a Stage 1 for $400-600 bump the HP to 240-250 HP? Which is stock V6 territory.

Billm006... do you like the engine in your wife's car?
I love driving her car. I own a v6 fusion that has more torque in the lower rpms, but the 2.0 turbo just drives so well. It has enough power and is still getting great gas mileage. I would actually prefer the 2.0 to the 2.8, because i want the best gas mileage possible, and it seems like parts are more readily available for the 2.0

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

If you are willing to travel, sites like cars.com show a fair number of new ones for $19-21K. Not Aeros, though

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I love driving her car. I own a v6 fusion that has more torque in the lower rpms, but the 2.0 turbo just drives so well. It has enough power and is still getting great gas mileage. I would actually prefer the 2.0 to the 2.8, because i want the best gas mileage possible, and it seems like parts are more readily available for the 2.0
That's been my thinking too. The problem is I want an Aero Sport Combi which was V6 until 2009 which then means I am over my budget if I get a 2010 or 2011.
I may just get a non-Aero. I just like the Aero seats and suspension better

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That's been my thinking too. The problem is I want an Aero Sport Combi which was V6 until 2009 which then means I am over my budget if I get a 2010 or 2011.
I may just get a non-Aero. I just like the Aero seats and suspension better
In RHD markets we still had the Vector after the Aero went V6 which gave you basically an Aero interior (minus the memory seats) with the I4 motor. I had a 2005 Aero SS which was OK but too rough most of the time. Next was a 2006 Linear SC. Loved the longer travel suspension and with 17"s it seems to corner OK as well. Interior was a bit of downshift after the Aero though. Now with my 2009 Vector SS, I am really happy. The only downer is that it come with a 2.0t instead of the 2.0T. As you can see, I like my I4s. That turbo rush is addictive. With a Stage 1 tune, my car is a torque monster- drives like a much larger engined vehicle.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are willing to travel, sites like cars.com show a fair number of new ones for $19-21K. Not Aeros, though
Not interested in the non aero. I want the seats, hid's, and exterior. Otherwise I would just wait until I came across another one like my wifes with more miles and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I always thought the V6 in a 9 3 was dumb. A 9 3 Aero with the in line 4 has got to be a great car and a great choice and unlike the 10 and 11 9 5 you will always be able to get parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts