SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:DHey,

I have been given the go ahead to spend a little money on my car and my budget is about $350.00, i want my car to be more sporty, and currently have a AEM dryflow filter on order that im going to build an intake out of.

On genuinesaab ive been looking at a few items,

The rearsway bar (22mm)
the Rear hatchback 3 point brace

But i can't decide if this will make my money the best spent and am thinking about possibly changing out the muffler to a nicer sounding magnaflow then getting the hatchback brace.

I want to eventually in a month or so when i get my bonus cheque from my company to get a stage 1 jzw tune, but am wondering if there is any way i could possibly jump to a stage 2.

Though im thinking if i do jump to a stage 2 if the actual ride of the car will be sporty enough for the feel of the added amount of power.

what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im really considering buying the v1 downpipe from genuine saab and doing the sway bar at first and then doing the jzw stage 2 with the downpipe install at the same time.

but i wouldn't be able to do the install of the downpipe till i got my tune correct? because i would throm a CEL code?

·
Registered
406 Posts
steering rack brace, and rear sway bar, then front sub frame brace, then rear hatch brace, then full suspension poly bushing kit, then big brakes, then wider tires and wheels, THEN better motor mounts and more power.

if you are interested in a tune a stage 3 is pretty reasonable with the stock turbo. youll need a downpipe, FMIC, open intake, and you should probably port your TB elbow.

its only money. . .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funds are pretty limited maybe ill do the suspension like i was thinking and just a stage 1, should make for a decent car i guess!

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
If you're limited to $350, that is pretty tight. Skip the braces, especially the hatch brace. That's a nice feature after you've done everything else.

I think your biggest bang would be the rear bar and a set of Koni's in front (assuming your rear shocks are half decent). That will give you a handling bump. That's probably a bit over your budget though.

A good choice might be the rear bar (~$105 shipped) and a poly bushing for the steering rack (~$50 shipped) Those will make a big difference for short money. Save a little more and put in a fresh set of shocks... at least OEM/Boge, 'steins or Koni's if the budget allows.

There's not much point in spending money on a tune with the stock suspension IMHO. These cars have marginal handling until you do some work on them. You'll have a lot more fun driving with a car that handles well that you will with 20 extra HP.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
$350?

Rear sway bar, simple front subframe brace, poly bushings for the rack and a CAN interface for a laptop (Lawicel or a CombiAdapter)

Look into T7 Suite (free software) and you could bump up the tune to just below needing a bigger down pipe. You'll have a pretty darn competent 240 HP or so

Save your initial tune money for later when you've got the rest of the car ready for more serious HP. JZW's tunes are much better than an amateur can do with T7 Suite, but I'd go T7 Suite for now, John's later.

Bide your time, save up for better shocks, poly bushings all around and maybe springs.

As others have noted, no point in getting wild in the engine bay if the suspension is not up to the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts