SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread asks is he prewired? It's a good question.

My question is more general:
How with the VIN number can we know what we have. Everything for us is so variable. A Vector in the US is mechanically an Aero in Europe. How to know what features we have are prewired, dormant but that we can wake up or add easilly.
I have electric rear view mirror but can I add a compass?

Also, how to know the real date of manufacturing. The year is easy, but March or November?

Our cars change very little from the outside BUT as we know all the features, gadgets or options change constantly but are partly there from the assembly line without us knowing..

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
I would assume you can add anything that another market has. I'm guessing all the compass needs is a power source (which you already have with the grarage door opener and auto dimming mirror) and the ability to calibrate itself (which it does). I don't think the cars software has any bearing on the compass and I see no reason why you couldn't add it.

As for the build date, it should be on a sticker inside the drivers door above the door sill on the body (in the US it is). Mine says 10-02, hence October 2002.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts