SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a topic that goes off quite well in the C900 forums so lets try it here!

I tightened the serp belt on the B202 engine in my 9K today (it's the manual-adjustment type), put some fuel in the tank, and tidied up the inside a bit including cutting off the completely collapsed fabric 'liner' from the sunroof cover.

Craig.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I upgraded the taillights

I tried putting LED rear lights in the brakes, and turn signals. The problem is the light bulb monitor now alarms. I need to install load reisistors.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I tried putting LED rear lights in the brakes, and turn signals. The problem is the light bulb monitor now alarms. I need to install load reisistors.
I've replaced every bulb possible on my 9-5 with LEDs except for the turn signals and the brake lights. IMO there really isn't gain from replacing these, and of course there is the resistor issue. With that said, the backup, door, trunk, and dome lights are great as super-bright white LEDs, and I plan on doing the same on my 9000.

Cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
Did some more testing on the freshly rebuilt engine I installed this weekend.

Unfortunately, the alternator I had bolted to it only produced 11.5v and lit the battery lamp, so I had to pull it out through the wheel well and replace it. :(

The engine has about 3 hours on it so far, runs smoothly and doesn't leak. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've replaced every bulb possible on my 9-5 with LEDs except for the turn signals and the brake lights. IMO there really isn't gain from replacing these, and of course there is the resistor issue. With that said, the backup, door, trunk, and dome lights are great as super-bright white LEDs, and I plan on doing the same on my 9000.

Cheers
I did upgrade many of the dash light bulbs to LEDS as well as the alarm LED. It's now super bright white, not some wimpy passive looking red LED. I also updated my ECU to Stage 3 with the T7 BPV. And fixed my turn signal and 4 way flasher relay. The solder joints needed reflowing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I did upgrade many of the dash light bulbs to LEDS as well as the alarm LED. It's now super bright white, not some wimpy passive looking red LED.
Yeah I need to swap out the instrument cluster bulbs at least; they are extremely dim compares to my 9-5. Are they plug and play or do I need to solder?

Also the dash bulbs in general are very dim, including the ACC, radio, CD player, seat heater switches, etc, but some of those are a pain to swap. The radio ones, for example - the ones with the little green covers that are soldered in place. I would love to change the whole dash to white but I just don't think it's possible, particularly with the green-tinted "conductor channels" that are in the radio..

I broke the leads from the alarm LED repairing a speaker. Was it pretty easy to fix/replace with another bulb?

Cheers!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I need to swap out the instrument cluster bulbs at least; they are extremely dim compares to my 9-5. Are they plug and play or do I need to solder?

Also the dash bulbs in general are very dim, including the ACC, radio, CD player, seat heater switches, etc, but some of those are a pain to swap. The radio ones, for example - the ones with the little green covers that are soldered in place. I would love to change the whole dash to white but I just don't think it's possible, particularly with the green-tinted "conductor channels" that are in the radio..

I broke the leads from the alarm LED repairing a speaker. Was it pretty easy to fix/replace with another bulb?

Cheers!
On the 9000 gauge cluster the bulbs are in little white plastic 1/4 turn bases. The two wires wrap around the base and are the lectrical contacts. My LEDS had long leads about 1 inch and resistors soldered in. I had a 50:50 chance of installing correct. There are already green filters built into the 9000 cluster for correct lighting. There is a color difference regardless as the lEDs are more white and less yellow.

My city lights in the high beam are LEDs as well and it's very white compared the to low beams. I'll post those pics later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Replaced the a/c compressor, changed oil, plugs, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, auto box oil and filter change, replaced brake fluid.

Tomorrow it's time to pull useful spares from my '96 parts car before the rest goes to the scrappy to make some space

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
This was over the course of 4 days: Replaced blown engine (swapped to b235r cylinder head), auto to manual conversion, full JT 3" exhaust on my recently acquired 97 Aero

TD04 is next, that little t25 runs out of steam real quick now!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fitted a new pair hatchback struts, now setting up to have a look at what I need to do for replacing the front strut mounts.

Craig.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had planned on replacing my thermostat, fixing a loose bulb in the hi-level lamp, solving some bulb issues in the instrument cluster and cleaning the carpets.

But it rained all day long. Took dog for a long walk instead.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not a 9000 but I did replace a T5 ECU in a 1995 900 convertible for a fellow Saaber and I had tuned it to Stage 3 for him. Ran so much boost that it popped the BOV/Diverter valve off the intercooler to intake pipe! Really it was only a little more than 15-17 psi with a peak one time to nearly 19 psi. It was probably a loose hose clamp.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It stopped raining... temporarily. Finally sorted out my hi-level brake lamps, replaced some bulbs in the instrument cluster (and cleared out a load of gunk from behind the dash), replaced the rear anti-roll bar bushes, changed two front tyres, welded a pinhole in the exhaust, reset the handbrake cables to the rear so they actually work... and got it through the MOT test.

Phew.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts