SaabCentral Forums banner

What did you do to your Saab today?

228594 2611
I fixed my blower motor and finally have a/c for this hot summer, fixed the passanger seatbelt warning light. Finally stays off when there is no passanger in the car, I got annoyed of plugging the seatbelt in when no one else is in the car.
2581 - 2600 of 2612 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Fitted (makes it sound more complicated than it is :rolleyes: ) one of these to give me a better Bluetooth solution than I had already
Perfect if you have the aux connector in the arm rest cubby next to the power outlet.

At ignition on it powers up and pairs, at ignition off it pauses what I'm listening to and powers down. Very pleased with it. I'll probably order another for the 9-5.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Bosch Aerotwin wipers? Bought some a few months ago and they judder very badly. Cleaned the screen, cleaned the blades, swapped them round. Still judder.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
I had similar experiences of Bosch Aerotwin blades which are highly overpriced junk.
I started use original, which are same price, but they work.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had similar experiences of Bosch Aerotwin blades which are highly overpriced junk.
I started use original, which are same price, but they work.
I bought them because I found them in the imperial measurement size on [German] eBay and suspected they would be for RHD cars. It turned out they are suitable for either, though. So far they have been fine, but yes they were expensive.

I had other blades which did have a bias on the blade shape to suit LHD cars and over 60 km/h they would come up off the window.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Replaced the front and rear brake rotors and pads on our 2007 9-3 Convertible (72,000 miles with original rotors and pads). Used PowerStop coated rotors and ceramic pads from Rock Auto and was impressed with the quality. Pads also came with new springs and slider pin boots. Also flushed the brake fluid with the Motive Brake Bleeder, which is so easy to use.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Replaced the front and rear brake rotors and pads on our 2007 9-3 Convertible (72,000 miles with original rotors and pads). Used PowerStop coated rotors and ceramic pads from Rock Auto and was impressed with the quality. Pads also came with new springs and slider pin boots. Also flushed the brake fluid with the Motive Brake Bleeder, which is so easy to use.
Do you use your Motive bleeder dry or wet? I’ve only used mine dry while keeping an eye on the level within the master so as not to introduce any air. Have found this very easy with no messy cleanup
needed.
I have yet to flush the fluid on my 9-3 SC, does the “European adapter” fit the master or is a special adapter needed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you use your Motive bleeder dry or wet? I’ve only used mine dry while keeping an eye on the level within the master so as not to introduce any air. Have found this very easy with no messy cleanup
needed.
I have yet to flush the fluid on my 9-3 SC, does the “European adapter” fit the master or is a special adapter needed.
I have always used it wet. 1 qt of new fluid is enough to flush the whole system. The European Adapter fits the Saab. Even when doing the flush, there's very little mess. Afterward, I pour several ounces of rubbing alcohol in and pump it through. Just put your finger over the outlet hole and pump to create pressure and then let it discharge into a container. I've had mine for several years and have used it 3-4 times and this seems to work well.

·
Registered
2005 9-3 Aero, 5-speed Automatic, B207R
225 Posts
I did get a rebuilt Orio T8 ECU from it. I'll test it out this week or next, but I'm sure it will be fine.
I'm downloading the bin on this T8 and will flash it with my bin. The previous T8 from the wrecking yard has been in my car since April without issues.
This is my setup when cloning - a old tablet PC, NOCO 12v charger, and USB OBD2 adapter.
Computer Personal computer Touchpad Laptop Peripheral

Motor vehicle Automotive battery Gas Auto part Car

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Auto part Gas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Finally found the time to install the strut tower brace from Taliaferro which I picked up when I purchased their tig welded coolant reservoir.
Had to wrestle with it a bit to align all 4 mounting points but in the end it all worked out.
Will have to get some driving time in to see if there’s a noticeable difference.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Finally found the time to install the strut tower brace from Taliaferro which I picked up when I purchased their tig welded coolant reservoir.
Had to wrestle with it a bit to align all 4 mounting points but in the end it all worked out.
Will have to get some driving time in to see if there’s a noticeable difference. View attachment 293288 View attachment 293289
With the length vs cross sectional dimensions of that bar I'd be surprised if it did much. You could always do measurements jacking up the car to compare body flex with & without but at the end of the day how it feels is what matters I suppose, although that's a measure packed full of bias.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have no problem with a lot of 'extra' things not working but coolant temp, rpm, or fuel gauge would drive me crazy. That's probably because my engine swapped car went through a few overheating episodes tbh. Temp gauge has only crept up once in my 9-3 but I was towing up a mountain range in 100+F temps...I'm very glad these cars don't have cooling issues.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Fuel and RPM haven't misbehaved...yet. Just the coolant and turbo gauges. They're both basically just there for amusement, anyway, and aren't directly tied to the actual values. If the engine actually overheats you'd get a message in the SID.

FWIW, when the coolant gauge misbehaves it basically just rebaselines itself, so when I shut the car off today, it will sit down at the 1/4 mark when it's totally cold, and then come up to 3/4 when warmed up. The turbo gauge just goes nuts when it wants to, though. 🤣

It's been wonky since I bought this car in 2014, I always meant to replace the cluster with a km/h unit, but I never found a cheap one and then I stopped caring.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
That's not even a Canadian gauge cluster (km/h only).

My fuel gauge is not exactly accurate. It works, but consistently by the time it's dropped below 1/4, there's not going to be much more than 10L left. Kind of annoying, but there's no way to adjust it, so I will live with it. I don't know if the fuel pump has ever been changed (195,000 km, 2004 model) so maybe when that happens....

2581 - 2600 of 2612 Posts