SaabCentral Forums banner
2561 - 2580 of 2612 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Fit the replacement eBay windscreen washer tank (30€) with the cut out just for the windscreen pump, not the headlamp washer pump. Nice to put fluid in and not have it leak straight through and out.

Also, found these in the driver's foot well. Any one have an idea what they're from?
Material property Automotive design Personal luxury car Font Automotive exterior

· Registered
324 Posts
Pull out the switch and you'll see that the very narrow, and I mean extremely narrow plastic tabs that held those clips in were just waiting to break from the simple vibrations of the car. It's a very common occurrence. Google the switch and almost none of the units will have the tabs cause they all broke off.

· Registered
6 Posts
Replaced plugs and coil #3 after she started to stutter under heavier acceleration. Runs like a top now and back to enjoying the stage 1 again 😆

I really love my 9-3 and love to tinker, y’all are an inspiration to keeping them nice and clean…but mine was in a few “accidents” before I bought her. So cosmetically I feel as though it’s a lost cause. 😞

· Registered
2005 9-3 Aero, 5-speed Automatic, B207R
227 Posts
I removed the oil sump a second time. The first time there was a leak at the oil level sender, so I replaced the o-ring.
Within the past few weeks the leak reappeared, this time through the connector. The old cable's sheathing is very brittle and broken in a few places, which is most likely why the connector itself has started to leak.
When I first read old forum posts about replacing the level sender, one member recommended replacing the sensor rather than o-ring so you don't do it a second time. That's good advice (that i didn't follow).
These are the two sensors - the original sensor has the sheathing that is brittle and cracked
Electrical wiring Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Cable Gas

· Registered
166 Posts
Decided I was tired of smelling coolant and spending money on OEM coolant reservoirs as they inevitably develop leaks at the seam.
Ordered a very nice custom tig welded unit from Taliaferro and completed install today. Took about 12 days from order to receipt of part but it was well worth it.
Basically plug n play install with a bit of finessing and a couple of choice words.
Still need to install the strut tower brace and some heat tape on the small coolant lines but that will happen in the coming weeks.
So far all good, hopefully no more coolant leaks…..for now!
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Black Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

· Registered
341 Posts
Decided I was tired of smelling coolant and spending money on OEM coolant reservoirs as they inevitably develop leaks at the seam.
Ordered a very nice custom tig welded unit from Taliaferro and completed install today. Took about 12 days from order to receipt of part but it was well worth it.
Basically plug n play install with a bit of finessing and a couple of choice words.
Still need to install the strut tower brace and some heat tape on the small coolant lines but that will happen in the coming weeks.
So far all good, hopefully no more coolant leaks…..for now! View attachment 292786 View attachment 292787 View attachment 292788
You sure you don’t have a head gasket leak? Have you done a chemical block test? (With the chemical sniffer thingy)

sometimes too much pressure in the cooling system from a combustion chamber leak will take out radiator , expansion tank, etc

just tryna help out👍

· Registered
166 Posts
You sure you don’t have a head gasket leak? Have you done a chemical block test? (With the chemical sniffer thingy)

sometimes too much pressure in the cooling system from a combustion chamber leak will take out radiator , expansion tank, etc

just tryna help out👍
Other than a bad/leaky seam on the coolant reservoir she runs fantastic. The plastic reservoir tank is a known issue, especially on the 2.8 with the heat generated from the turbo only a couple inches away.
Never any indication of other issues related to a failed head gasket so I think (hope) I’m good for the time being.
As the miles climb I’m sure other issues will arise but at 123K she still remains a pleasure to drive.
Tough to beat the combination of the silky 2.8 coupled with 6 speed manual.

· Registered
166 Posts
I will say that Taliaferro should redesign the small coolant hoses they supply with their custom fabricated coolant reservoir as they are both too long since the reservoir now sits a bit further away from the firewall.

· Registered
166 Posts
Cut them with a blade?
Yes, naturally I cut them down a bit but that’s not an ideal situation as they are preformed with some tight bends so cutting the ends isn’t the best practice.
It would be nice if after spending a good chunk of change they could provide hoses that fit properly and don’t require alterations since the upgraded coolant tank is supposed to be a plug n’ play.

· Registered
2005 9-3 Aero, 5-speed Automatic, B207R
227 Posts
Went to check out a 9-3 added to a local junk yard. This one had some recent work to get it running and the driver proceeded to total it (bad -front end is done).
I did get a rebuilt Orio T8 ECU from it. I'll test it out this week or next, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Water Font Electronic device Thumb Nail

Circuit component Finger Gas Composite material Electronic component

2561 - 2580 of 2612 Posts