SaabCentral Forums banner

2261 - 2270 of 2270 Posts

·
Registered
'78 99 GL; '83 900; '89 900S; '99 9-5 Wagon; '06 9-5 Aero Wagon; '08 9-3 Aero XWD; '11 9-3X
22 Posts
Yes. Bought it 3 years ago with just 52K kms on it. Original owner had traded it in on a Subaru.
We happened to be at the dealer the day after it came in, buying our son a used Outback.
I had sold my 2006 9-5 Aero wagon four months before, and I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.
It really is a beauty. Smoke beige metallic, with every option except nav.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes. Bought it 3 years ago with just 52K kms on it. Original owner had traded it in on a Subaru.
We happened to be at the dealer the day after it came in, buying our son a used Outback.
I had sold my 2006 9-5 Aero wagon four months before, and I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.
It really is a beauty. Smoke beige metallic, with every option except nav.
Wow nice.
Ive got an OEM Nav unit, if you want to buy one.

·
Registered
'78 99 GL; '83 900; '89 900S; '99 9-5 Wagon; '06 9-5 Aero Wagon; '08 9-3 Aero XWD; '11 9-3X
22 Posts
Wow nice.
Ive got an OEM Nav unit, if you want to buy one.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass.
Forums say GM charges $$$ to upgrade the GPS software on the OEM units when they're installed in a "new" car.
I'm happy just using Waze on my phone.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Replaced the tiny light on the cigarette lighter in the center dash.

Getting ready for a head unit upgrade (Sony android auto) and while learning where to tap for the dimmer lead, I learned those can be replaced. No broken clips, and the little green rubber cover/boot/condom on the bulb swapped easily.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is the 6 speed manual. I have the nipple on mine capped off. I think that it is used in the early 9-3ss for the SAI.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
Yesterday was relatively mild (above freezing.....somewhat) so I put the "winter storage" wheels on my 9-3 CV. They are 9-5 "snowflake" rims with vintage 2008 Michelins on them. The tires hold air perfectly, which is something that you want (pumping up a leaking tire in the snow is no fun).

It then rained all night, so the salt was mostly washed off the road. I started up the car and drove it around far enough to thoroughly warm it up, including topping off the gas tank.

I'm pleased to see that, unlike last winter, there is no water getting into trunk. The hinge area sealing that I did over the summer seems to have done the trick. In addition, leaks inside the car seem to be mostly gone, due to the undamaged side rail weatherstripping I got off a junkyard car and installed.

Who knows when I will drive the car again?

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Since the weather was around 50F today I was able to get a few things done on the vert.
Oil and Filter
Cabin air filter
Engine air filter
Clean MAF
And the big one for today: replaced the cabin blower. I was running a used one from my daughters 08 that I had replaced on her car about 4 years ago. I had re lubricated the upper and lower bearings and it worked well for the past few years. But it gave up the ghost around Thanksgiving. After getting one from a vendor that arrived cracked it took three weeks to get a replacement. I used a Valeo brand unit that seems identical to the original Valeo. Took about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2261 - 2270 of 2270 Posts