SaabCentral Forums banner

2241 - 2260 of 2265 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Where did you get the seat cover? How much?
I found it on Nordicspeed.com. Did a little research first as I hadn't heard much about it, but the owner seems to have a long (good) history, even though a smaller player in the parts game it seems.

It was $150 CAD (canadian store), which comes to less than half of the price in the US from other, bigger store sites. Shipping was a bit more because I'm in the states but it was still an excellent deal.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm a bit late on this, but last week I finally quieted my horribly awful trunk lid springs. They were almost hilariously loud and 'sproingy' every time I opened my trunk. I took some small diameter clear, firm rubber tubing (vinyl, I think?) and forced a small section over each end of both springs. Dead silent lid operation, now.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
I found it on Nordicspeed.com. Did a little research first as I hadn't heard much about it, but the owner seems to have a long (good) history, even though a smaller player in the parts game it seems.

It was $150 CAD (canadian store), which comes to less than half of the price in the US from other, bigger store sites. Shipping was a bit more because I'm in the states but it was still an excellent deal.
Yeah, I've purchased stuff from them. Kind of hard to get Gustav's attention sometimes, but he actually has stuff that Orio might no longer have, or have replaced with "Saab Select" which is not necessarily full OEM grade.

·
Registered
61 Posts
New clutch and flywheel from shop are in, nice higher engage point. Plus having a shop do it and not in a driveway is pleasant. I need to put in some new engine/trans mounts and the rear suspension refresh kit but overall still good. Added a stock aero exhaust as muffler delete sounds like cobalt garbage imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sent my failing ECU off to Brew City Boost yesterday. I'm without a car for now, but soon I'll have a new ECU with a stage 2 tune and a fresh set of spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Struts and roll bar links @112,000 mi. Much better.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Recirc stepper motor for A/C replaced. Kept old one to refurbish as a spare per Hus_sho's instructions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recirc stepper motor for A/C replaced. Kept old one to refurbish as a spare per Hus_sho's instructions.
I just refurbished one last week myself. Not sure which instructions I followed but they were super handy and now the circulate works like a charm!

Yesterday I replaced a very leaky power steering pump on one of my 2.8L NG9-3's. That sucked!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just replaced my broke Nivomats with the Bilstein B4/Eibach springs setup.
Amazing. Absolute world of a difference, holds the road so much tighter and smoother.
It’s so good I’m tempted to do the fronts now but the previous owner put in all new front suspension including links only 20k ago..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fitted a new antenna mast. Fed in from the top with a bit of a fiddle. Worked ok but had a gawd awful noise as it fully opened and closed (sounded like someone drilling brickwork with a masonry bit)
Took the motor out and stripped it down to find that the wee idler wheel that keeps the toothed cord in contact with the gear was missing, allowing the teeth to skip. Couldnt find a source of spare internal parts so thx gawd my mate's workshop has a mini lathe, so I turned down an old bolt to 11 mm diameter, centred and drilled a 3 mm hole and parted it off to length so that it sat snugly on its spigot in the plastic casing. Blob of lithium grease and it all worked great when reassembled and tested.
Maybe the dude with the hammer drill was a just passing tourist and had b******d off with his wee caravan and his pesky drill or something like that, cus my antenna runs quiet as a church mouse now. Only down side now is that I'm already sick to death of the force fed diet of dreary accordion n bagpipe music that appears to be mandatory listening on the wireless in Scotland.....must be having a word in the SNP leader's ear about that. :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Put a spare ECU I bought awhile ago in the car and flashed it.

EDIT: This was mainly a shakedown cruise for the new OBDLink/Tech 2 laptop, to make sure everything worked from a Win10/64 VM. Now I can retire my ancient 32 bit laptop to WIS duty.

·
Registered
683 Posts
New Denso spark plugs and coil rotation after 32K on the last set in the 2.8 aero with Vtune Stage 0

Why do I always remember the job being easier than it actually is? (even though it's not really difficult at all, just more PITA)

Bonus = 0 broken lines. Now I can celebrate.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
2005 9-3 Aero, brother's car. List of work done in the past few months (not in order). He's lucky I like SAABs.
  • vinyl wrapped entire car, plastidipped wheels
  • replaced shocks, struts, springs, mounts/bearings, sway bar links, control arms, tie rod ends
  • replaced rear brake calipers, rotors, pads, hardware. fresh dot4 brake fluid in system
  • fixed 5 oil leaks (oil level sensor, crankshaft seal, service cover, valve cover gasket, vacuum pump seal)
  • welded rust holes in front subframe, POR15 coated
  • BSR intake
  • custom headlights built by me. EvoX-R bixenon projectors, HID kit, new outer lenses, blacked out reflector bowls
  • Tech2'd everything you'd want to
  • replaced ECU
  • replaced windshield molding
  • replaced rear window molding
  • e-code strips in front bumper
  • new black emblems
  • new washer nozzles
  • new shark fin dummy antenna
  • 3d floor mats
  • new steering wheel controls
  • hvac buttons replaced
  • sunroof repaired
  • wheel bearings replaced
  • installed new dash speakers and sub/amp in trunk, bluetooth handsfree and bluetooth music/audio
  • new coilpacks and plugs
  • new serpentine belt
  • Krona aluminum upper radiator hose coolant tee installed after the old one crumbled
  • installed trailer hitch and hitch wiring
  • backup camera installed in custom location
  • drained and filled trans fluid
  • drained and filled coolant
  • new coolant reservoir cap

·
Super Moderator
20,137 Posts
Damn. I think my brother gave me some jeans with the knees blown out once.

Reactions: swedespeed7

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
After that I feel like a slacker for only replacing the front right window regulator.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
After that I feel like a slacker for only replacing the front right window regulator.
Ha. I love fixing stuff and I love SAABs so it comes easy to me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well, for extra credit I did change out the expansion tank (3rd time!?!?!) and replaced the bulb holder in the glove box. 🤣

·
Registered
'78 99 GL; '83 900; '89 900S; '99 9-5 Wagon; '06 9-5 Aero Wagon; '08 9-3 Aero XWD; '11 9-3X
22 Posts
2008 9-3 Aero XWD SS (73K kms)
Oil change w/Shell Rotella T6
3 rear ignition coils replaced (Denso)
Brake fluid flush & fill
Coolant expansion tank hoses replaced

2011 9-3X SportCombi (163K kms)
ECU replaced (used 2011 XWD donor car)

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
2008 9-3 Aero XWD SS (73K kms)
Oil change w/Shell Rotella T6
3 rear ignition coils replaced (Denso)
Brake fluid flush & fill
Coolant expansion tank hoses replaced

2011 9-3X SportCombi (163K kms)
ECU replaced (used 2011 XWD donor car)
Only 45,000 miles on your 2008?? Holy crap!

2241 - 2260 of 2265 Posts