SaabCentral Forums banner

2221 - 2227 of 2227 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took my key blank to a lock smith for a copy, copy has daylight showing through. well done, luckily I bought 3 blanks when I first encountered this "issue"

Seemingly nobody around me is competent enough to cut the key properly. Ive now wasted 2, one from local lock smith, one on ace hardware.

Well at least I changed my front brake pads and rotors. Rock auto super cheap stuff... raybestos rotors and some powerstop carbon fiber ceramic pads. will do rears this weekend

·
Registered
2008 9-3 Aero SportCombi
15 Posts
Just picked up my car from the mechanic after getting it inspected and getting the front struts replaced. It's like a whole new car! I'm relieved it passed inspection...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just picked up my car from the mechanic after getting it inspected and getting the front struts replaced. It's like a whole new car! I'm relieved it passed inspection...
Check to make sure they secured the wheel speed sensor wire and the brake lines in the bracket on each strut. I’ve had several people come to me for Tech2 diagnostics due to traction control codes only to discover broken wires because a mechanic didn’t snap them into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I put back the steering pump because the reservoir cracked so I used exopy and then I put some silicone on top of the later of epoxy once it dried. I was able to head this hiss coming out from there I notice because I pass my hand by it n payed it on top of the side of the reservoir n the engine sounded different I notice the crack or slip coming from the reservoir the first time I did the seals. Just testing it see how it drives . I'm learning as I don't have enough experience on mechanic the car runs good

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Received some parts.

I got a set of new rims basically from Orio. I'm tired of trying to find a straight set of used Saab wheels. I'll do a post on them later.

I also got:
1. 302mm front brake rotors, OEM, packaged as a pair
2. OEM front brake pad set
3. Hood badge
4. Set of 3 windshield washer jets, hooked up with hoses and Y connectors, I assume correctly pre-aimed (different colour dot on each jet)

As a quiz, each of the above came from a different country. Which came from which?
A. Czech Republic
B. Germany
C. Great Britain
D. Hungary

·
Super Moderator
19,750 Posts
1B
2A
3D
4C

2221 - 2227 of 2227 Posts