SaabCentral Forums banner

2221 - 2240 of 2265 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took my key blank to a lock smith for a copy, copy has daylight showing through. well done, luckily I bought 3 blanks when I first encountered this "issue"

Seemingly nobody around me is competent enough to cut the key properly. Ive now wasted 2, one from local lock smith, one on ace hardware.

Well at least I changed my front brake pads and rotors. Rock auto super cheap stuff... raybestos rotors and some powerstop carbon fiber ceramic pads. will do rears this weekend

·
Registered
2008 9-3 Aero SportCombi
30 Posts
Just picked up my car from the mechanic after getting it inspected and getting the front struts replaced. It's like a whole new car! I'm relieved it passed inspection...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just picked up my car from the mechanic after getting it inspected and getting the front struts replaced. It's like a whole new car! I'm relieved it passed inspection...
Check to make sure they secured the wheel speed sensor wire and the brake lines in the bracket on each strut. I’ve had several people come to me for Tech2 diagnostics due to traction control codes only to discover broken wires because a mechanic didn’t snap them into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I put back the steering pump because the reservoir cracked so I used exopy and then I put some silicone on top of the later of epoxy once it dried. I was able to head this hiss coming out from there I notice because I pass my hand by it n payed it on top of the side of the reservoir n the engine sounded different I notice the crack or slip coming from the reservoir the first time I did the seals. Just testing it see how it drives . I'm learning as I don't have enough experience on mechanic the car runs good

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
Received some parts.

I got a set of new rims basically from Orio. I'm tired of trying to find a straight set of used Saab wheels. I'll do a post on them later.

I also got:
1. 302mm front brake rotors, OEM, packaged as a pair
2. OEM front brake pad set
3. Hood badge
4. Set of 3 windshield washer jets, hooked up with hoses and Y connectors, I assume correctly pre-aimed (different colour dot on each jet)

As a quiz, each of the above came from a different country. Which came from which?
A. Czech Republic
B. Germany
C. Great Britain
D. Hungary

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
1B
2A
3D
4C

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
Ah, Diggs was the only brave one. Sadly, only 1 out of 4.

Brake rotors: Germany
Brake Pads: GB
Hood emblem: Czech R
Windshield washer jets/hoses: Hungary

The funniest OEM source country ever I found was for NG900/OG9-3 cabin filter: South Korea! I wonder if Daewoos also have cabin filters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Over the weekend, I finally replaced my blower motor resistor with one I appropriated from a junkyard Cadillac Catera. Feels nice to have properly-working AC again, and $12 and a tetanus shot is a small price to pay for that.

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Aflimacon
Registered
Joined Sep 24, 2016
1 Posts

Whoa, slow down there. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aflimacon
Registered
Joined Sep 24, 2016
1 Posts

Whoa, slow down there. ;)
Haha, I thought that might come up. I made this account when I got my first 9-3, but never ended up posting until now. The board has been tremendously helpful nonetheless, as I'm relatively new to working on cars and there's a lot of information here. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to the NG9-3 Mods & Tuning board?

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
There was no traffic. I had them merged.

Reactions: Aflimacon

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
Installed my junkyard-appropriated auto-dimming mirror with compass. I don't really like how these work, but a flip-up night mode mirror does not work at all well in a convertible with a top down.

I have no idea what the compass calibration is. Pointing west, it says W. Pointing north, it says NW (Toronto's grid is slightly skewed, but not that much). Pointing east, it says N. If I can get it to work as well as the mirror in my 9-5 (which generally reports direction a bit to the anti-clockwise of the actual direction) I will call it a day.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Did a couple things last night.

Replaced the round emblem on the trunk. Discovered that, despite having the exact same part number, the emblem from esaabparts was not the same. The one I took off was the clear, gel-type emblem. The one I ordered and put on is the non-gel, colored foil type. Kind of bummed, but apparently eeuroparts has the gel type, so I may order from there next.

Also experimented with quieting down my trunk lid springs. They were making a horrible racket when opening. Put some electrical tape around where the springs go through the holes/hooks in the hinge and the fixture. They're now silent, but I know it won't last long. BUT, knowing I found the source I can use a more permanent measure.

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
Replaced CV front and middle side rail weatherstrip. All can be done with top folded and tonneau open. Front weatherstrip is tricky to get right at front end of it. Also little set screw likes to fall into the top header panel.

Middle side rail is 100% simple on LH side; on the RH side the hydraulic lines need to be moved out of the way.

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Nope, I sold 9-5 in last friday (yup, those 2 days were horrible, because I owned only 2 Saabs). Now I have only 9-3s.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The last couple days I replaced the driver seat lower leather cover. When I bought the car used from a Mercedes dealership, the seat looked pristine. A few months in, though, a repair job started peeling. Not sure if it was done by them or the previous owner who traded it in, but it deteriorated quickly into this (pay no attention to my poor color-matched attempt at a repair, it's only hiding even worse damage):

Found an OEM seat cover for a very good price and went through the hassle of removing the seat and replacing the cover:

It fits a little loose, but it seems to be smoothing out over the past couple days the more I use it. The seat was the worst item in the interior after I replaced the steering wheel a while back. Now it's almost perfect.

2221 - 2240 of 2265 Posts