SaabCentral Forums banner

2201 - 2220 of 2227 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Replaced expansion tank that had a faulty switch, read which tire sensor is on the verge of death, did some other tech2 stuff to prep for finshing up other things later. Had to get back inside before it hit 100. Also patched a bullseye in the windshield (first).

·
Registered
886 Posts
I replaced a headlight lamp and tuned up that terrible wire harness that frays and corrodes that connects to the lamp.

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
2 Posts
Today nothing is remarkable about my Saab, I just drove it to take my wife to the supermarket to buy some necessary things

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
Today nothing is remarkable about my Saab, I just drove it to take my wife to the supermarket to buy some necessary things
Let's see some pictures. What color is it?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Post us some pics. of your wheels? I got the paint for my wheels but havent done mine yet as its too cold.

Finally got to fitting the new coils & air filter, the plugs were ok so kept for now. The high misfire count seems to have stopped:).
Also noted my turbo intake pipe had dislodged. Its the modified silicon pipe I made up a while back. I trimmed it a bit so it would clamp on the turbo housing better and refitted. Hadnt driven the car since covid started here, so its been sitting a while. I think the silicon hose I had stretched over the intake had been wanting to go back to its normal size and pop off the turbo for a while.. Anyway fits good now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got fed up looking at p0089, dropped the tank and put in aem 50-1000 then drove it hard.

No codes, no pending. Seems fixed. Doable with a couple of flat head screw drivers, a hammer, a 1/2" on a universal (because I couldn't find my 13mm) Jack, ramps, and gm quick disconnect tool kit. 4 hour job by myself without dropping the exhaust, a mistake in hindsight. Dropping exhaust would have cut an hour of frustration.

That is all, painful but fulfilling and car feels better across the room range now.

This was on my now 2nd Saab (07 aero sportcombi)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got a U0212 yesterday and today. Wiggled abs module connector and got it started. Pulled abs module and opened it up to find no less than 6 cracked 1/2 soldered joints to the connector. I blame rohs compliance for this. Reflowed leaded solder on all through hole connectors and tried to reproduce issue without success. Calling this fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed Do88 intake with Vibrant cone filter for maximum whooshing noises. Was kind of a PITA to install surprisingly.
IMG_20200702_104429[1].jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nothing immediately noticeable. Not that I've measured, but I'd guess IAT's are higher sitting in traffic and about the same or slightly less on the highway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trying to find the fuse for the heater/ac fan that will not switch off even when the ignition key is removed on my wifes 2005 Auto 9-3 arc ;o(

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
Trying to find the fuse for the heater/ac fan that will not switch off even when the ignition key is removed on my wifes 2005 Auto 9-3 arc ;o(
Driver's side door panel fusebox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Made a new key fob. Any recommendations on where to get the physical key cut?

Also the U0212 has not returned. Happy all it took was some soldering.

2201 - 2220 of 2227 Posts