SaabCentral Forums banner

2181 - 2200 of 2227 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
On a serious note, I went back to OEM on tires this week. Pirelli all around, replacing the various brands that were on the car when I got it.

Anecdotal data point: I'm done with Continental after too many sidewall failures (3/4 on the last set). Yes, I corner hard, because it's fun driving in the mountains here.

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
Contis usually have soft sidewalls. Not surprised.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I knew I should have asked here, had I been here 8 years earlier. 👍

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
I woke up CV from hibernation (7mo 2d).
I put battery in place, turned key and started running right away. The V6 sound is beautiful.
I did not lowered top, we have only +12C and I do not want to be sick.
Car was in barn with 5 more Saabs, covered with Sahara Car Cover. Brilliant cover, no scratches etc.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
I woke up CV from hibernation (7mo 2d).
I put battery in place, turned key and started running right away. The V6 sound is beautiful.
I did not lowered top, we have only +12C and I do not want to be sick.
Car was in barn with 5 more Saabs, covered with Sahara Car Cover. Brilliant cover, no scratches etc.
12º is fine convertible weather, especially if sun is shining. Well, in Finland.

Here it's 22º today and sunny. So I will wait until sun goes down a bit before driving the convertible, lest I get sunburn or sunstroke. (Covid hair in convertible is fun, too.)

When I see the problems with my convertible, well, I should have bought yours. Although I do like 2.0T/six speed manual. Much nicer to drive than 2.3t/5 speed manual in my 9-5 (the wagon being maybe 1700kg empty might account for that, too).

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
sigh....

·
Registered
820 Posts
How many wires are you gonna have to splice besides that big one?

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
Cursory glance just one. Still runs and drives fine.

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
There is one that runs around and poops in the mulch under my front deck. Too well fed by its owners to go after mice I'd guess.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I wonder if there’s something you can get to spray around the car that you don’t really smell but keeps mice away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
Irish Spring soap bars used to do the trick with pack rats (mice with bigger teeth) in the old Land Rover I had, and my OG 9-3. Another approach was a small light left on under the hood or car at night. Then I got an outdoor cat.

·
Registered
2008 9-3 sport sedan Y VIN L4
3 Posts
This week:
  • Replaced rear brake pads and rotors
  • Cleaned and conditioned the leather seats and other leather interior features (although I have tire marks on my back seats from when I loaded my winter tires in one time that I have never been able to scrub out -- any tips?)
  • Prepping for a front door regulator replacement.
Good luck with the regulator, I did mines two weeks ago and it’s broken again

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Added Infinity Reference dash speakers and JBL GX in the rear. Sounds much better, need to do the infinity component 6.5” in door, as 2ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same JBL I run in the rear. They sound fantastic!

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Added Infinity Reference dash speakers and JBL GX in the rear. Sounds much better, need to do the infinity component 6.5” in door, as 2ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I run infinity speakers in my redline through factory amp and an avic920 bt head unit. Very nice. Perhaps better than the Saab with the cross over tweeters in the a pillar location But the Saab 9-5 is decent OEM. Not enough urge to change the Saab. Infinity according to my audio fanatic are the very best speakers

2181 - 2200 of 2227 Posts