SaabCentral Forums banner

2121 - 2140 of 2168 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice job man! It does feel better doing it yourself rather than paying someone else. I've worked on several other vehicles but never a Saab before I owned this one. Definitely a whole different ballgame when working in the tight cramped engine bay lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes I did, last year because of this missing spring clip, I failed state inspection so I had to put a new one on to get passed state safety inspection, then within couple of weeks I noticed it went missing again, I already have a new one in hand, just need to put it on before I bring the car for inspection.
Both ends of the clip have to be seated all the way into the holes or it will let go.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice job man! It does feel better doing it yourself rather than paying someone else. I've worked on several other vehicles but never a Saab before I owned this one. Definitely a whole different ballgame when working in the tight cramped engine bay lol
Thanks, it does feel good to do something that difficult and costly yourself - although there are always moments of high stress. I just can't picture handing over almost $1900 post-tax dollars to do a day's work, no matter how messy. Plus I have 2 kids in college :eek: One thing people often don't take into account is that even if you pay somebody else to do the work, it still may take hours of driving to/from the shop, getting rides back, waiting around, etc. and EVEN THEN you don't know if they did a good job or not.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Busy couple of weeks with the 2.8

Changed coils and plugs last Monday. Got the Bosch 4112 coils and Denso 5345 plugs.

New battery.

Pulled the front brakes and replaced the noisy semi metallic pads with carbon ceramic ones. So far so good.

Pulled the drive belt. Waiting for parts to come in to drain all the coolant and replace water pump and gaskets. Saw it was leaking a bit when I got the drive belt pulled so I held off on putting the new belt on.

Ordered stuff for oil change as well.

XWD service and tcase done mid September when I bought it.

This car is my project going forward so getting all the little things buttoned up before I start playing with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Today I finally fixed my outside ambient temp sensor. It hasn't worked since I got it last June. Both wires were pulled from sensor connector and broken wire close to main front lighting harness connector. Everything seems to be good and temp measurement is accurate enough. One question though, after I had everything tied in with wiring, I was getting a 10V reading. I take it that's normal? I was looking for close to 12V but its working.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got my ALU65 18's in the mail today. Super hype to replace my standard worn out 17's with these in the coming weeks

Matching them with 235/40 18 Firestone Indy 500's. Had them on the last Aero and they were superb.
Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Today I finally fixed my outside ambient temp sensor. It hasn't worked since I got it last June. Both wires were pulled from sensor connector and broken wire close to main front lighting harness connector. Everything seems to be good and temp measurement is accurate enough. One question though, after I had everything tied in with wiring, I was getting a 10V reading. I take it that's normal? I was looking for close to 12V but its working.
Where are you taking the reading? If I know that, maybe I can read mine to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I put the roof basket on my racks as I am going on a trip.
It looks like Grandma's car now...:eek:

Also just wanted to bump this thread.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just put 4 new HTSU 4 season tires on, old Cooper tires are worn below Lincoln's head, worn pretty evenly though. The problem is with the 4 new tires are very bumpy, I can feel every imperfection on the road, even on smooth newly paved pavement, I asked the guy who installed my tire, he said he put 35psi in which is in the specs, but why new tires are bumpy?

In addition, I got P0089 the other day and I cleared the code, it has not come back on dash yet 100 miles later but scanned the code, I still see it shows as pending code, make sure that I tight gas cap 3 clicks, fuel regulator issue? Fuel gauge works fine, car drives fine, no issue otherwise.

·
Registered
368 Posts
In addition, I got P0089 the other day and I cleared the code, it has not come back on dash yet 100 miles later but scanned the code, I still see it shows as pending code, make sure that I tight gas cap 3 clicks, fuel regulator issue? Fuel gauge works fine, car drives fine, no issue otherwise.
Time to replace the fuel pump. Don’t believe anyone who tells you to clean the fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Replaced the valve cover gasket today. A little bit more stuff in the way compared to my old '96 900 but at least the gasket stays in place when you try to put it on.

2121 - 2140 of 2168 Posts