SaabCentral Forums banner

what did you do to your car today?

545487 Views 5525 Replies 557 Participants Last post by  skucera
there is a thread like this on the volvo forum i have been on for a couple of years now. it seems so many of us tinker in some fashion on a day to day basis. Without starting a completely new thread, its a great place to share with other members your experience of what job you may have tackled that particular day , thus generating many different discussions. anyhow, i hope it catches on...;ol;
5501 - 5520 of 5526 Posts

· Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Krona cobra, 3” DP, Do88 big pack, 340 FP, upsized catback, open air filter, maybe some more minor things but this is the bulk of it..I was running stg2 I’ve added a good bit of parts since my original stg2 (was just dp & open filter really when I got stg2)
Just about the same stuff I have done except I installed a Taliaferro exhaust manifold along with a Maptun 2.5" cat back this summer, I might go to stage 3.

· Registered
103 Posts
Just about the same stuff I have done except I installed a Taliaferro exhaust manifold along with a Maptun 2.5" cat back this summer, I might go to stage 3.
I sent Mike my mods list and just told him to tune me with whatever he feels is appropriate, so I’ll come back in a week or so when I get the ECU back & installed.
He’s been super helpful since I started tuning with him - answers all my questions and concerns pretty much same day/one day at max.

Gosh do I feel small now with having replaced the seat heater controls (okay, I have upgraded them with LED). ;)
Funnily enough, one of my seat switches are borked and it’s stuck on max heat… I’ll be doing this soon too!

· Registered
11,885 Posts
Determined that my left side headlamp washer does little or nothing. right side works, so it's not the pump. Wish there was some way to activate the headlamp washer pump with Tech II, but apparently not. Will have to hunt for a relay and trigger that directly for testing. Not looking forward to fiddling with the bumper in January.

· Registered
11,885 Posts
Are you using US gallons for all the foreigners here who don't know Imperial measure? Because 32 MPG imperial seems a bit low to me.

When I ran to Montréal and back last month, 1100 km round trip, I was at about 7.0 L/100 km. That translates to 33.6 MPG US, and 40.3 MPG Imperial. Speed was a bit less, I'd call it 70 MPH generally.

· Registered
210 Posts
Almost 34 mpg? Man, I never got anywhere near that in mine. Then again, I ran my cars hard.

· Registered
798 Posts
Are you using US gallons for all the foreigners here who don't know Imperial measure? Because 32 MPG imperial seems a bit low to me.

When I ran to Montréal and back last month, 1100 km round trip, I was at about 7.0 L/100 km. That translates to 33.6 MPG US, and 40.3 MPG Imperial. Speed was a bit less, I'd call it 70 MPH generally.
Imperial. I didn't think it was too bad. Of the 250 miles probably only 40 or 50 were on slower more economical roads eg 60mph. The rest was motorway with a satnav indicated 75mph which showed on the speedo as a smidge under 80.

Not sure if the remap helps or hinders at those speeds. I do tend to boot it off roundabouts too.

· Registered
2001 9-5 SportCombi 2.0t SE auto-4
599 Posts
I get 22 mpg (US)/26 mpg (IMP)/10,64l/100 km...but it's LPG, and the software for the LPG needs to be updated and adjusted. Never had estimated the petrol/gas consumption as I do mainly run my car on LPG - 1l of LPG is around 1-1,10€ while the "real" stuff varies between 1,68-1,85 per liter depending on the day and daytime (usually it's cheapest on a Thursday after 8 pm).

· Registered
2001 9-5 SportCombi 2.0t SE auto-4
599 Posts
Another minor thing I did for my Saab today:

Motor vehicle Font Gas Emblem Symbol

Not unimportant since we have a kindergarten in the neighbourhood and some parents do give a big pile for private property and park their vehicles on my spot. Plus, none of them is driving a Saab.;)

· Registered
103 Posts
Modified stg3 tune on my ecu from Mike D.
I’m having a fueling issue - my FPR or filter are borked…
I’m seeing near 20psi but it goes super lean super quick. Going to replace both and hopefully have a blast.
Was told about 260 or so wheel hp and 290ish torque. It feels like it until I run out of fuel.

· Registered
2003 9-5 TD04 Wagon 5MT
291 Posts
...whom of you had put on those slip-on pedal covers and can give me some detailed infos about them or points me in the direction of fitting ones for the auto pedals?
Sure, I was inspired by the video @skwon made detailing it. It was relatively easy, although getting the rubber on was a bit harder than expected, overall wasn't too bad though. I didn't opt to do the dead pedal cover, maybe I'll figure something else out for that later.

· Registered
194 Posts
Sure, I was inspired by the video @skwon made detailing it. It was relatively easy, although getting the rubber on was a bit harder than expected, overall wasn't too bad though. I didn't opt to do the dead pedal cover, maybe I'll figure something else out for that later.
so happy that my video helped :) thanks!

· Registered
2003 9-5 TD04 Wagon 5MT
291 Posts
so happy that my video helped :) thanks!
Yeah for sure, I watch all your Saab videos. I wish there were more Saab content creators out there. I don't think I have the time or skills, but I'm glad that some people do. The Trionic 7 videos were so useful to me as I was learning how to do different jobs, I'm sure that the YouTube videos explaining everything are much more helpful than their stats may suggest.

5501 - 5520 of 5526 Posts