SaabCentral Forums banner

5241 - 5260 of 5261 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Nice work! I thought on the US market cars the inner lights kn the Ednas were blanks. What did you do to get them to work?
Nice plates!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drilled out a broken exhaust manifold stud and replaced all exhaust manifold bolts in my 2007 aero Estate. I also changed the valve cover gasket using the dental floss and locktight 518 method. I changed the upper and lower throttle body gasket and the tiny light bulb in the interior central lock switch. It was a full day but my 2007 9-5 wagon lives and it thanks this community.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Changed the oil. Drained less than 3 litres. Apparently the car is drinking oil, but I'm not sure where. It's not obvious, anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Xmas gift to myself, was my first Saab- an '07 Aero.
Since then, I've basically just been knocking little issues off the list. So far, I've replaced the passenger front wheel bearing to get rid of a droning noise(great success!), and swapped out the cruddy center caps for some carbon look repro's(adds 10hp). Also, replaced what I think was the original cabin air filter. Also, the shifter "jalousie" was completely missing, so I installed a new one. Today, I replace the burned-out city lights and front marker lights, with led yellows, and swapped out the fog light bulbs for yellow Hella's.

Next up on the never-ending list:
Replace broken cup holder
Replace broken driver side mirror motor
Replace discolored passenger mirror glass
Replace damaged front passenger inner fender shield
Replace broken left dash speaker cover
Replace broken center dash temp sensor cover
Upgrade front and rear speakers with Infinity
Have extra key cut and programmed
Install Jetex exhaust(when it arrives)
Have windows lightly tinted
Possibly go with a carbon dash trim kit

:)

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
You may discover that it's impossible to pry the mirror motor off the mirror housing, depending on corrosion in your area.

You might want to pull the centre dash speaker (if the later cars had one), it doesn't do a whole lot of good.

The extra key should be a priority. Even if you just get the remote module for the key head, you can program it using your existing key blade. As far as a second key, the remote module in the key head is available here and there used, so all you need to order is a blank key cut to your car. And of course you need a Tech II/CANdi with the proper software to program.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I replaced the BPC? unit off the cobra pipe. I had snapped the ears off the original, but to my surprise the original one still worked fine. I have a question though, how far do yall go on spark plugs?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Usually screw them in hand tight, then another 180˚ with a wrench. Whatever the instruction on the package says.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For me, I just pull them for inspection and regap every 6k miles or so. Oversized gaps cause premature DIC failure so I like to stay on top of them. Plus, you get a peek at how your engine is running internally.
I would be careful doing that, as every regap puts stress on the end of the plug and it can break off into the cylinder, which can cause much bigger issues than a slightly worn plug....also much bigger bill than a newer set of plugs at a lower mileage interval

·
Registered
1987 900 5 speed 8 valve, 2006 9-3 Arc Convertible
9 Posts
Looked into window and asked myself when will I get the instrument cluster reinstalled, so I can reassemble the dash, so I can complete my new car stereo project. Progress is slow sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The extra key should be a priority. Even if you just get the remote module for the key head, you can program it using your existing key blade. As far as a second key, the remote module in the key head is available here and there used, so all you need to order is a blank key cut to your car. And of course you need a Tech II/CANdi with the proper software to program.
Got the extra key made. :)

5241 - 5260 of 5261 Posts