SaabCentral Forums banner

5201 - 5220 of 5236 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes, I remember it was a struggle getting that plug out. I put a very light coat of anti-seize on the threads when I reinstalled it. Sometime next spring I’ll probably do another 4X drain and fill, so I’ll find out then if it helped...

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Aero Sedan
51 Posts
Got my windows tinted this morning. Of course I do it just as we get a cold blast and aren't in the triple digits for the first time in literally months this week. Oh well, when it gets hot again (and I live in the desert, so it will), they'll provide some good relief.

Reactions: Nocturne

·
Registered
515 Posts
(yesterday) towed the sunfish sailboat to the lake to sail, having spent some time in the spring installing a reclaimed hitch and time Saturday installing the trailer wiring.

·
Registered
515 Posts
IT's definitely trailer overkill, but there's a story. My wife and sister shared it since they were in grade school. My sister-in-law had it since she lived nearer real ocean, but died suddenly and unexpectedly a few years ago. We went down to retrieve it and the original trailer was not going to make the 700+ mile trip back to our place. After pricing out the cost of repair, I then shopped around for a trailer, and found a place that would custom-make a galvanized trailer for less than the cost of repair and use wheels bigger than lawnmower wheels. So we bought it and trailered the sunfish home with no issues.

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Aero Sedan
51 Posts

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,522 Posts
Checked and cleaned all the grounds I could find in the hopes that my car would come back to life, but sadly, no. I think it's time to call it in and send the Saabllennium Falcon to its final resting place 😔

·
Registered
2005 Saab 9-5 Aero SportCombi
161 Posts
My car caught covid around the 249k mile mark, but it's up and running again as of today. Water pump, hoses, serp belt, thermostat, and alternator were almost all a pita. Still more work to do such as a cel with p1449, but those were the most imminent problems.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,522 Posts
I have a couple, what do you need to know about the ECU's? Do you need matching serial numbers and other stuff to be able to use them?
I would also need a Tech II and knowledge on how to use it to marry an ECU to the car and all that fun stuff.
I believe all T-7 Ecu's are the same, just the immobilizer code and I think that's it? I'm not entirely sure. Unless there's also difference in manual and Automatic? Obviously the V6 ECU won't work lol

5201 - 5220 of 5236 Posts