I finished replacing the serp belt. It was a mess in there. The old belt probably stretched from being oil soaked. There was a persistent oil leak that took several attempts to fix as well as the aforementioned CV axle flinging grease everywhere. The idler pulley wasn't all that bad. The play in it was between the plastic pulley and the bearing. The bearing itself is ok. The new belt is working fine but now the engine is leaking coolant at a rather high rate. My Aero did the same thing and Bars Leaks worked as a temporary measure. No dice this time. It leaks so fast that the LOW COOLANT warning comes on within three miles. I have removed most of the stuff in front of the pump except the power steering pump. I can see the back of it and it isn't leaking from the banjo fitting or the metal pipe coming from the driver's side. At this point, it's time to replace the pump. I am ordering two Hepu pumps along with the various o-rings and hoses. One for this car and one for the Aero which, if you are following my little saga, also needs motor mounts and exhaust manifold bolts. I don't think I'm ever going to get my fingernails clean.