SaabCentral Forums banner

5141 - 5150 of 5150 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I finished replacing the serp belt. It was a mess in there. The old belt probably stretched from being oil soaked. There was a persistent oil leak that took several attempts to fix as well as the aforementioned CV axle flinging grease everywhere. The idler pulley wasn't all that bad. The play in it was between the plastic pulley and the bearing. The bearing itself is ok. The new belt is working fine but now the engine is leaking coolant at a rather high rate. My Aero did the same thing and Bars Leaks worked as a temporary measure. No dice this time. It leaks so fast that the LOW COOLANT warning comes on within three miles. I have removed most of the stuff in front of the pump except the power steering pump. I can see the back of it and it isn't leaking from the banjo fitting or the metal pipe coming from the driver's side. At this point, it's time to replace the pump. I am ordering two Hepu pumps along with the various o-rings and hoses. One for this car and one for the Aero which, if you are following my little saga, also needs motor mounts and exhaust manifold bolts. I don't think I'm ever going to get my fingernails clean.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Drove it yesterday. Wonderful. Car is the best. These restricted covid times my mileage accumulation is way down; no road trips this year. Hopefully later This year when the USA Canada border reopens. Tomorrow I will wash and wax A super nice summer, warm and maybe a little dry but let’s not quibble. That’s why God gave me a creek on the property, hose and sprinklers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I finished replacing the serp belt. It was a mess in there. The old belt probably stretched from being oil soaked. There was a persistent oil leak that took several attempts to fix as well as the aforementioned CV axle flinging grease everywhere. The idler pulley wasn't all that bad. The play in it was between the plastic pulley and the bearing. The bearing itself is ok. The new belt is working fine but now the engine is leaking coolant at a rather high rate. My Aero did the same thing and Bars Leaks worked as a temporary measure. No dice this time. It leaks so fast that the LOW COOLANT warning comes on within three miles. I have removed most of the stuff in front of the pump except the power steering pump. I can see the back of it and it isn't leaking from the banjo fitting or the metal pipe coming from the driver's side. At this point, it's time to replace the pump. I am ordering two Hepu pumps along with the various o-rings and hoses. One for this car and one for the Aero which, if you are following my little saga, also needs motor mounts and exhaust manifold bolts. I don't think I'm ever going to get my fingernails clean.
I decided to get Graf pumps after reading that the quality of Hepu pumps has gone down. They arrived this morning. Upon examination of the failed pump on the Linear, I discovered that the leak was indeed through the weep hole. The bearings feel tight but there are rough spots. The o-rings look to have been holding although there is a fair amount of corrosion around the fittings. Luckily it came out of the housing without any stripped bolts or other complications. I still haven't taken the pump off the Aero.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I watched a YTVideo about spraying Lysol through the firewall vents to kill germs, bacteria... but instead I used 5% H2O2. I put it in a spray bottle and gave it a bunch of squirts into the vents above the cowl with engine and ac on, but no recirculate. Immediately shut the engine off and letting the H2O2 do its thing

When I started her up the CEL was on. Now, I know I need to replace the CPS, but it wasn't throwing a code. Then I noticed the oil cap had exploded. Ordered a new one from ebay < $11 and free shipping, but need a work around until it shows up. I posted a thread about it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drove it yesterday. Wonderful. Car is the best. These restricted covid times my mileage accumulation is way down; no road trips this year. Hopefully later This year when the USA Canada border reopens. Tomorrow I will wash and wax A super nice summer, warm and maybe a little dry but let’s not quibble. That’s why God gave me a creek on the property, hose and sprinklers. View attachment 274979
What brakes do you have? I also have a dame edna and would love to upgrade. Any info would be great! Thanks!

5141 - 5150 of 5150 Posts