SaabCentral Forums banner

5061 - 5070 of 5070 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Oh not saying you could have done it wrong or anything, I dunno, it was just an aesthetics/resale thing for me
Yes, I know. Some people do things to their cars that I could never stand, and I'm sure you couldn't either. I saw a 9-3 the other day with gaudy graphics, a blacked out grill, a big ridiculous rear spoiler and a license plate that read: SAABOTAGE.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I would buy the relay for $7 and call it done, you never know, plus it looks better
As a matter of fact, if you take the regular Bosch relay and squash the armature (switching bit) all together, you get a 666 mod for even less money. And you can put the Bosch cover back on it if you want.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Replaced my Hengst air filter with a MANN filter. I was surprised at the differences between the 2.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
The Hengst filter is thicker. Both the foam/rubber/epoxy whatever the hell it is that holds the paper together and the paper itself including the pleats is thicker. It's just a thicker filter. The MANN filter is different. Thinner paper pleats/folds and more surface area is used for air. Doesn't seem like much, but the combo of the thinner paper and maximum use of surface area should help the engine breathe better. It may be a bit hard to tell with just photos but in person there is marked difference. With the way the MANN filter is built, I really don't see a need why anyone would go K&N. I've had K&N's before and sure they flow well, but they don't filter as well. The Hengst filter seems to be a bit overkill on the filtering regarding a reduction in airflow. The MANN filter seems to be a perfect balance between flow and filtration.

MANN on top

Hengst

MANN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Removed the fuel pump assembly from an 05 9-5. Looks like they were afraid to make the hole big enough to remove it.

Finally jostled it around enough to get it out .

If I just replace the pump within the assembly, will I be doing it again in 20k or more miles, or should I just replace the entire unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
The Hengst filter is thicker. Both the foam/rubber/epoxy whatever the hell it is that holds the paper together and the paper itself including the pleats is thicker. It's just a thicker filter. The MANN filter is different. Thinner paper pleats/folds and more surface area is used for air. Doesn't seem like much, but the combo of the thinner paper and maximum use of surface area should help the engine breathe better. It may be a bit hard to tell with just photos but in person there is marked difference. With the way the MANN filter is built, I really don't see a need why anyone would go K&N. I've had K&N's before and sure they flow well, but they don't filter as well. The Hengst filter seems to be a bit overkill on the filtering regarding a reduction in airflow. The MANN filter seems to be a perfect balance between flow and filtration.

MANN on top
View attachment 271149
Agree. I use Mann; K&N has been debunked it is , as you say. ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

·
Registered
2 Posts
maintenance done

Kilometers: 196000 / Miles: 121788

windshield wipers Valeo Silencio VM201 Art: 574160/267884

Spark plug set NGK BCPR6ES 1.1 (4 pcs.)

oil filter GM RD93186554 (1 pc.)

Interior filter Saab 9-5 Carbon original RD12758727 (1 pc.)

Air filter Saab 9-5 Gasoline Original RD55560911 (1 pc.)

Fuel filter Saab bosch original RD4163853 (1 pc.)

Castrol 0w30 (5 pcs.)

5061 - 5070 of 5070 Posts