SaabCentral Forums banner

5021 - 5034 of 5034 Posts

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
New to me 9-3 Aero vert 150K miles, Totally maintenance neglected but never driven in snow or rain, garaged since new driven by a lady driver at her beach house.Did the following:

Change oil. When I asked when it was last done bot a blank stare and the wife said she didn;t remember where so I could not call. Did the change anyway. (Oil looked OK, clear amber)

New Fuel pressure sensor took care of CEL when I bought it (came down on price because of this issues.

New Brakes (akebono pads) Front brakes were nearly metal on metal

Bald tires. Got Sumitomos, Like that they are cheap and good wet, snow, grippy but not the best in corners

Alignment, was so far out (made for the bald tire on the right hand side. )

Resealed the top. Husband told me it did not leak I laughed and showed him the rust stains on the headliner at the bows. They parked it indoors with the top down and it showed, so they may not have noticed. Leaked like sieve, I think more water in the car than out. Took three applications of BMW sealer I like and had to buy in eBay from a dude in Latvia since its not available anymore. It's nice because it eliminates staining as well as waterproofing. 250 ml Bottle diluted 10-1 makes for 2.5 liters of fluid, I will need it, about half way through already. It still has a few wet spots so one more application today should do it.

Clear polished the Saab emblems, they are those pesky urethane ones, I used Mr. Clean magic eraser to scrub, look nearly new.

Fixed a squeaky shifter jalousie. It was horrible, don;t know how they could deal with it. just a couple of sprays of plastic lube did the trick

Next up brake line and Anti-freeze flush, shifter knob replacement (does not lock out gears.), bumper washer squirters, clear one headlight, (one must be a replacement, saw a Saab work order to re-program), needs fuel level sender ( shows empty when filled, 35 miles in and it responds. I will wait and do the fuel pump at the same time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Posted my 2002 Saab Arc Wagon for sale. I hope to sell it fast. I really hate to see it go. Was the only car I've owned that has all the maintenance records since it was new. Created a note-binder of all the paper work. Still a blast to drive. Check out my link on facebook market place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replaced the fuel pressure regulator and all 6 injectors on my 1999 9-5 V6. No more chugging, jerking, and white cloud from exhaust at startup.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
I didn't do it today, but rather last weekend (and it took a lot of time) but today I got to listen to the CD changer I installed.

The adapter harness for '02-'05 cars is NLA, so I had to cook up my own. The CD changer end can come from any OG9-3; the two connectors that plug into the factory harness can come from the washer jug level sensor and an NG900 wiper motor. Pay attention in WIS, which gives wire colours and pin numbers for 9-5 and 9-3 (open multiple WIS to make it easy), and off you go.

Installing the changer into the built-in cubby in the wagon's LH side means having to pull the side. Drilling holes for the mounting screws is easy, there are circles where you need to drill. Cutting open the opening for the connector is less fun. The changer actually pokes the connector through the opening, so it's pretty big.

The screws you use are, if I recall, M4x0.75. I purchased 20mm long screws, but 12mm will probably be plenty. Use washers.

Finally, have Tech II on hand to marry changer when you get CDC CODE.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Chased a rattle in the cabin. Turned out that a bolt came completely undone in the 3rd brake light and was sitting in the shelf just above the brake light cover. Put the screw back, tightened it up, put the cover back on and BAM! No more clicking rattle noises.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sold it! 2003 saab 95 aero, traded in at Mtnviewnissan Chattanooga, went through everything on this car, still kept having odd ball random misfire issues, only think I could think is maybe vacuum leak somewhere I couldn't find, maybe map sensor, or for. I'm any case she's gone now, I put a lot of time and money into that car trying to make her right again but just couldn't depend on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sold it! 2003 saab 95 aero, traded in at Mtnviewnissan Chattanooga, went through everything on this car, still kept having odd ball random misfire issues, only think I could think is maybe vacuum leak somewhere I couldn't find, maybe map sensor, or for. I'm any case she's gone now, I put a lot of time and money into that car trying to make her right again but just couldn't depend on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I brought my 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon in to get a little oil leak fixed. I had the oil pressure switch replaced a few weekends ago, promptly drove it 6 hours up to Portland Maine, traveling well over a 100 at times, and another 6 hours back where I may or may not have hit 126 mph while driving past the exit for Storrs, Ct. I'm also getting a set of snow tires and winter rims. I love my Saab. It genuinely makes me happy everyday when I drive it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put a new (to me from a yard in Mississippi) front fender on the '07 9-5 SS. Slipped out of gear at work and the parking brake wasn't on :'( (PSA: use your parking brake :)). Tried PDR, but the plastic reinforcement that connects the bumper resisted my glue pulling efforts. All good now though - looks great. New NGK plugs and SEM DIC a couple weeks ago. Diverter valve and vacuum hoses coming up - throwing a 1011 (IIRC). Snows going on in a week or so. Snows on the '08 9-3 SC last week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I brought my 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon in to get a little oil leak fixed. I had the oil pressure switch replaced a few weekends ago, promptly drove it 6 hours up to Portland Maine, traveling well over a 100 at times, and another 6 hours back where I may or may not have hit 126 mph while driving past the exit for Storrs, Ct. I'm also getting a set of snow tires and winter rims. I love my Saab. It genuinely makes me happy everyday when I drive it.
Needed more work than I expected. The previous owner's garage used glue way too often instead of actually fixing things. Today ended up being a whole new PVC oil trap and seal replacement. I'm lucky I didn't blow up on my last road trip seeing the dumb *** glued connections. It was being held together with invisible band aids.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Went out to start it on Friday. Flat battery. eh? I've left it for multiple weeks before without a problem, now two days and the battery is flat?

I threw the jumper pack on there, still not enough juice. Hmmm...

Battery reads right at 11v. I'm thinking short in the less than 1 year old battery. Sigh. I hate batteries...

5021 - 5034 of 5034 Posts