SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 5037 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ordered new spark plugs for the V6, new rear rotors and pads. Plans to install this weekend. 150 K on the rear rotors, not too shabby. I will probably see if they can be turned and remain in tolerance for the next brake change.

·
Registered
448 Posts
brakes

jus swapped to Duralast Gold Ceramics front and premium semi metalics rear. NOT A SQUEAK!!
Got to love late night builds

·
Registered
244 Posts
finally got around to fixing that bent radio antenna.

BTW-for those of you swapping out plugs, try the BCPR6ES plugs and watch your starting problems and high boost issues go away. the 7's never really worked good for very long. many cars I put 7's in didnt even work great when they were brand new. a lot of people dont know about that trick.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, after running 1.5 years with a CEL & knowing it was the DIC, I finally replaced it with a new 'OEM' unit purchased new on Ebay for $215 shipped. CEL OUT...
Also withthin the last 3 days:
1. Replaced the spark plugs (NGK7-S)
2. replaced the flex pipe on the exhaust (much quieter now)
3. oil & filter changed = NOTE: having used Rotella 5w-40 synth for 3 years and a steady leak, I changed to the Supertech oil 5w-30 synth (it was way cheaper) about 5k miles ago, and the engine has miraculously stopped leaking!!! So I just refilled with the same ST oil.
4. Passed inspection
5. Duched the interior of the vehicle to rid of that Winter mess. Also, relocated the mouse nest from the spare tire compartment to the shed.

Miles 135,200.

Next up, 2 new rear tyres - Conti DWS or ExtremeContacts (current)

I was seriously considering purchase of a new car, but I love this one too much.

·
Registered
274 Posts
changed the oil again ,last week ,put new number plate on front today now its ready for another mot test (inspection )that will be the fouth one with nothing major wrong ,i hope ;ol;

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Changed oil (Shell Rotella 5w40 full syn) at 126,219 replaced and speed balanced all tires with a set I had laying around (to get rid of the firestone firehawks gth it had). Firestone tires are CRAP!!!!
I don't care what anyone else thinks these tires are pieces of $#!+.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Changed out shocks and tires in the rear this past weekend. The cupping and noise got to me so I had to renew the suspension. The rusted nuts on the top of the old shocks didn't cooperate and required the old cutting wheel to get them off. Some of the rubber and metal bits were tired and rusty but I reused them anyway. When the weather gets really nice this summer I'll probably take them off again and refresh the parts I missed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bought a donor car with a sludged engine ;ol; . Same year and spec as mine. Going to replace bonnet, passenger doors, boot and both front wings. Strip out spares like the DI, throttle body, O2 sensor and MAF.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
swapped out the last bloody vacuum line !!! :cheesy: later today Ill be figuring out where my CPS is :cry:
those ones all the way down near the firewall were fun.. werent they;oops:

i had to re-fit a couple using long bent needlenose pliers.. felt like i was playing the old game of "operation".

feels goo knowing they wont be causing any problems though

·
Registered
448 Posts
No kidding, the one attached to the white/red check valve was horrendous. (this is a v6 btw) i pretty much ended up laying on top ot the motor to reach it :x

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ordered new spark plugs for the V6, new rear rotors and pads. Plans to install this weekend. 150 K on the rear rotors, not too shabby. I will probably see if they can be turned and remain in tolerance for the next brake change.
Installed 6 spark plugs, replaced the rear rotors and pads. She always ran well, but now purrs like a kitten and stops on a dime. The parking brake even holds the car:D.

21 - 40 of 5037 Posts