SaabCentral Forums banner

2941 - 2960 of 2964 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well this is a little late i just found this thread but i got the whole front suspensikn rebuilt, air ride installed in the rear, replaced clutch master in an alley at 3am during thunderstorm ( in colluage and had class in 4 hours), new startor, rebuilt the slave, swapped the shiftr housing ( old one was wobbled out on the ignition lock), new tires, all new brakes, retinted windows so all of them are now black and not half the car pruple, $5 swap meet radio, and a semi mud flap ($8 at napa) cut into 4 and trimmed so now she has larger mud flaps that actually help keep the car somewhat clean haha, oh and a cps that died on the way, to prom -.- ( only time shes had an issue while driving) then took her to michigan, tennesse, down to sarasota in florida, drove to ft myers, and over along daytona beach then to kentucky, and back to indiana, and now im curently in washington for the week after going back to kentucky and michigan, last week. All togethet the old girls done really good, and been. A dream to drive, but the ac does need toget fixed xD, amazingly ive gotten into the mid 40's mpg wise during all of this cruising at 70-80 mph with the windows down. When i get back i plan on fixing a little rust on the drivers door jamb area, and stil need to finish the front air ride, plus fit the lower valance (lost passenger fender extension in georgia during really ruff construction and it ripped the lower part of the bumper since has been mostly repaired and replaced with spare parts) any idea if the ac on these is easily convertable to 134 or is r12 all im in for? Oh and how do mettalic colors look on our 900's? Im thinking a fire red metallic color but dont know how much the body lines pop on these. Thanks and will keep yall updated :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I removed with prejudice all the electric seatbelt stuff from my 87T (26Lbs worth all told) and fitted a nice simple pair for normal belts from a 86.
I like the car so much better, I'm just ashamed it took me years to do it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Didn't do it today, but recently installed my Autoplas louvre that I brought in from Sweden. I've always like these more than the Shadow louvres.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Put the top down and took it to the liquor store for some beer. That was 1.5 of the 10 miles I've drove it this year. Have a leaky top, so I don't drive in the rain (and it's been a pretty cool wet spring so far). About to put the center console and door sills back on since I took them off to dry the carpet 2 months ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Removed broken turn signal switch. Discovered it was too broken to repair. Also discovered in the process that my steering wheel is sitting too far out, slip ring not making contact.

Couldn't make any progress, so went for a drive using my arm for turn signal and hoping I didn't need to honk at anyone.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Removed broken turn signal switch. Discovered it was too broken to repair. Also discovered in the process that my steering wheel is sitting too far out, slip ring not making contact.

Couldn't make any progress, so went for a drive using my arm for turn signal and hoping I didn't need to honk at anyone.
2nd hand one's are available, pity you are not in UK as I have one. Just push your steering wheel IN, when they are made, the column is 'pinched' on to the other bit, and sometimes when people want to remove the steering wheel (after undoing nut)instead of giving it a couple of bumps on one side to free it)hopefully) they pull on it like anything, and you can pull the join apart. It will not fall off or anything, but just push it back home. Although your turn switch is knackered, make sure the switch is in centre as if on right or left, when you push steering wheel column back in you can knock the cancelation tag off been there etc;oops:

·
Registered
17 Posts
2nd hand one's are available, pity you are not in UK as I have one. Just push your steering wheel IN, when they are made, the column is 'pinched' on to the other bit, and sometimes when people want to remove the steering wheel (after undoing nut)instead of giving it a couple of bumps on one side to free it)hopefully) they pull on it like anything, and you can pull the join apart. It will not fall off or anything, but just push it back home. Although your turn switch is knackered, make sure the switch is in centre as if on right or left, when you push steering wheel column back in you can knock the cancelation tag off been there etc;oops:
I'm pushing my steering wheel back in as hard as I can and it isn't budging. The busted turn signal switch is completely removed. If the wheel wont just push back in is there something else I can try?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Upper Control Arm Anchorage (Bracket)

The PO of my 1991 900S convertible failed to replace the bushing on the RH (passenger) side and the control arm shaft has worn away the aluminum anchorage (bracket). The worn anchorage is the one nearest to the front (head lamps) and I'm confused on which part number I need to hopefully source. Is it part 7175441 or 7337348?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'm pushing my steering wheel back in as hard as I can and it isn't budging. The busted turn signal switch is completely removed. If the wheel wont just push back in is there something else I can try?
a rnylon copper head hammer or a piece of wooded and normal hammer, it is pressed very tight(not suppose to move), so might need some gentle persuassion, the one I had, I could just push back, so if you ever pulled on ti like in an emergencey stop (yes you do pull on it) it came up again, just pressed it back, till I fitted a replacement

·
Registered
17 Posts
No start

Well,

Late last night (Alaska time, so today for most of you) I pulled the crank pulley and then removed the old defective crank positioning sensor. I traced my no-start condition to this device. Received word yesterday that the new part is on its way along with new hatch piston thingies (forgot the proper term) for the rear hatch. This is technically my daughter's car, but I am showing her how to maintain and repair the car as difficulties arise. Also, fix it cosmetically as funds arise.

2941 - 2960 of 2964 Posts