SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other night i tried to unlock my car from the passenger side and it wouldnt turn to unlock, it was really stiff (this is a 94 so i have to use a key), i go over to the drivers side unlock the door and do what i have to....then i go back over to the passenger side and lock the car, and try to unlock it, it worked this time it seemed it just needed to be unlocked from somewhere else, well then last night i try to unlock it again from the passenger side and the same thing, it just wont turn its very stiff......so i get mad and put some force into turning the key and i here a snap and the lock turns......i pull out the key and it wasnt broke, so i put the key back in and turn it and now it turns to unlock the car, but nothing unlocks....it just turns and cant be unlocked from that side anymore....but it will still lock from that side

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
After you finish lubricating all the door locks and latches(do once a year or so), pull the door panel and see what is broken.

Maybe you will need some JB Weld or some brazing...

·
Registered
380 Posts
If, when you lock from the driver's side, you turn the key all the way to its horizontal position, you engage the DEADLOCK feature. This prevents opening from the other side with the key.

Make sure you don't deadlock your doors if you want to be able to open up using key from the passenger door!

And, yes, this is in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
enor said:
If, when you lock from the driver's side, you turn the key all the way to its horizontal position, you engage the DEADLOCK feature. This prevents opening from the other side with the key.

Make sure you don't deadlock your doors if you want to be able to open up using key from the passenger door!

And, yes, this is in the owner's manual.
On page 73, a diagram and two words !
I tried this horizontal position on both cars
No go
Some people may try to force the issue, but not I !
Evidently no "deadlock" nor alarm on the '96 S and I will keep it that way..But there is a sticker on the side window..

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
It sounds like the door was deadlocked and you forced it open which probably broke the mechanism used to prevent access to the pass door while deadlocked. It is errr was a feature.

Tboy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i dont have an owners manual so i cant refer to that....i guess il pull off the door panel sometime and have a peak in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts