SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know what color this is? I was told that it is "Marlo Red" if this is true what paint code is it? The car is a 2003 95 from what I was told.
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Merlot red, like the wine. Queensway SSI had a new Aero sedan (tan inside) that colour there when I bought my '01 wagon there in spring '04.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you know the paint code for this color? I have a 68 cougar XR7 that would look great in this color.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Any body shop supply company should be able to look that up for you - 2003 Saab 9-5 Merlot Red. They will have a colour book with paint chips that you can look at to verify.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The color code for your car is printed on a small sticker which you can find near spare tire - slightly above and to the keft of the tire...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy's for your help, I think this color will look great on my cougar. Here is a picture of what it sould look like when I am finished with the car.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
spg1 said:
Thanks guy's for your help, I think this color will look great on my cougar. Here is a picture of what it sould look like when I am finished with the car.
That body style was the best for the Cougar, I lusted after that car (same color)!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I had a '67 Firebird in that colour (at the time it was a Cadillac "Claret Metallic"). Looked great.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Matthew said:
Is this Merlot Red?

Looks a touch lighter (less winey :lol: ) than some photos of Merlot Red 9-5s that I have seen.
No its not. Merlot Red was introduced for the 2003 models if I am not mistaken. I have a merlot red car and it looks this color.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is another picture that I have of the Merlot Red and what I want to put it on.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
spg1 said:
Here is another picture that I have of the Merlot Red and what I want to put it on.
hooray for SOC '07!!! (I think)

Also, I believe that is cayenne red. Or perhaps chili red, unless I am confusing the name, but I do think there was a chili red (or chile maybe, for a play on words.) but it may have also been 2003, which very very likely wouldn't fit the body style for the car with the color in question!!!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matthew said:
Is this Merlot Red?

Looks a touch lighter (less winey :lol: ) than some photos of Merlot Red 9-5s that I have seen.
Now I can see this being Cayenne Red Pearl Metallic. Maybe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts