SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just bought some KVR cross-drilled rotors for my 94 NG 900 and I'm now looking to grab some brake pads. I bought the rotors from group9 but they're out of the carbon fiber pads. Does anyone know anywhere else where I can pick up the pads for the U.S. or does anyone have a better recommendation? I want something which is not going to eat up the rotors. After searching through numerous sites on the web I can't figure out from tech specs what's actually good. So I'm looking for recomendations, thanks!

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Carbon fiber pads really sound like overkill for a Saab. I have Akebono Pro-Act ceramic brake pads. They're supposed to be as easy on the rotors as you can get, and they have a lot of other benefits too. They're a little on the expensive side, at about $80 for the front set, but I think they're worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I was looking at the ceramics on tirerack.com, but a few people complained about rotor warpage so I wasn't sure. Maybe I'll go for those though. I guess the carbon-fiber pads had that added coolness factor to them!

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I'm using what I regard as the best all around pads currently available, Ferodo DS2500, the benchmark for able road cars; but I expect a lot from my brakes.

For about half the price but much better than half the performance, Pagid Fastroad are a good buy, these are very dusty though.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
There's been some talk over on Saabnet about Greenstuff pads leaving some kind of material on the rotors that makes them seem warped, and is hard enough that even turning them doesn't always seem to get it off. I had Greenstuff pads screw up two sets of rotors, which is why I tossed them in the trash and bought the ceramic pads I have now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What type of name is spatl?....

The porterfield pads are great. I have the RS4 and love them. What is even better is that the girls at porterfield sound so cute over the phone. Just give them a call and they will review all the specs of all the pads ranging from EBC to Hawker pads, honestly the Porterfields are rated the best.

Another option is stainless steel brake lines. Adding the stainless lines will increase your stopping abilty greater then adding on the the new pads.

Jeff I'll have to send you a set of brake lines to try out.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
CKP said:
What type of name is spatl?....

The porterfield pads are great. I have the RS4 and love them. What is even better is that the girls at porterfield sound so cute over the phone. Just give them a call and they will review all the specs of all the pads ranging from EBC to Hawker pads, honestly the Porterfields are rated the best.

Another option is stainless steel brake lines. Adding the stainless lines will increase your stopping abilty greater then adding on the the new pads.

Jeff I'll have to send you a set of brake lines to try out.
a name that keeps folk guessing:cheesy:

Yeah, Porterfields came by recommendation of some certain person I know...:D

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have EBC greens on now for about 2 weeks..so far so good with them...The reduced dust is what I bought them for....

·
Registered
611 Posts
:confused: well my rotors are on there way anyways...so when the time comes I will just replace with a set of aftermarket I think....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts