SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this recent talk about catbacks and removing resonators makes me wanna add a little growl to my 2.0t. I really don't feel like paying $500 for a catback that is just for sound. I would rather weld up a magnaflow muffler in place of the stock one or delete a resonator. If anyone's running a magnaflow muffler, which one are you using and how loud is it?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
my set up came to 400$ but if you just want a growl:

remove the resonator, replace it with a pipe. also have the stock muffler cut off and have them weld a magnaflow and/or flowmaster (i went flowmaster, love it) in place.

this should cost less than 150 total and will sound MUCHHHHH better.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As I have posted several times, I deleted the resonator and replaced the clunky stock mufflers with Magnaflows (part# 14829 - $98.34 each/delivered from the Performance Peddler) and had a muffler shop install it all. Sounds is great and I guess comparable to using Flowmasters. The big choice of mufflers will come down to looks (tips, etc.) since I assume the prices, and sound, are pretty close.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have a borla muffler on mine with a magnaflow tip (I wish I got the borla tips to keep the single brand, but oh well :D ). Deleted resonator also.

Anyways, my exhaust clip is up on YouTube if you want to hear it. Its not even close to as loud as a WRX or anything, but you can tell if I get on it... I've only heard good comments about the exhaust tone, nothing ricey about it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7W9QDhSj4

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need some more insight on this, I went under my car today and noticed that the stock muffler has a 45 degree offset inlet. Should I buy a center 2.25 inlet/center outlet w/ 4inch tip? Also, if I buy a muffler with a 2.5inch inlet, can I slip it over the stock pipes and just bolt it on?

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have a thread on here that has a video of my 9-3's exhaust. you should be able to find it on youtube as well. i was recently thinking of selling my whole magnaflow/flowmaster setup to put on my stock box with just the resonator removed, but i ende up deciding against it because i like the sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a magnaflow muffler # 14814.
2.25 Inlet
4in Double Walled slash cut tip
14in muffler body legnth
4in Tip Legnth

Lets hope it fits!

·
Registered
407 Posts
thats what i got. they can cut the inlet to be 2.5" if you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts