SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo CS CARLSSON Aero 5dr , 5 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Hatchback, Petrol, 1993 L Reg , Red, MOT-04-2006. 225 BHP HIGH PRESSURE TURBO MODEL WITH FULL SAAB MAIN DEALER HISTORY FROM NEW.ONE FORMER KEEPER.LUXURY SPORTS LEATHER SEATS,CLIMATE CONTROL AIR CONDITIONING,CD MULTIPLAY,RADIO CASSETTE,CRUISE CONTROL,ON BOARD COMPUTER,REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING ALARM,POWER STEERING,HEADLAMP WASH WIPE,ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE HEADLAMPS,ALLOYS,ELECTRIC MIRRORS,ELECTRIC WINDOWS ,HEATED ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE SEATS,REAR SPOLER. DESCRIBED BY CLARKSON AS THE QUICKEST CAR FOR OVERTAKING THE SAAB AERO IS A GENERALLY UNKNOWN HIGH PERFORMANCE LUXURY CAR,DONT MISS OUT THIS IS A SUPERB VEHICLE .PLEASE CONTACT ME ON MY MOBILE *** ***** **** WHEN NOT AVAILABLE ON LAND LINE OR LEAVE A MESSAGE £2,495"

the description is from dealers website.
I've emailed and asked about any problems with the TCS/ABS/fly by wire, what the mileage is etc.

the Dealer is The Hoylake motor company:prestige and Performance. Anyone bought from them in the past, or know anything about them from another member?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Steering on the wrong side, and across the pond. Or I am tempted to jump on it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yaofeng said:
Steering on the wrong side, and across the pond. Or I am tempted to jump on it.
Aye. Does look OK doesn't it.
I think I like it, colour is different than the normal Milano red. Just waiting to hear from the dealer as to the mileage etc. I'm expecting high as it isn't mentioned in the ad.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had an update from the seller, mileage is 176k, it is a 1993.
Everything works exactley how it should. Was last serviced by the same main dealer who serviced it from day one, for the same customer. Had a replacement transmission and clutch from Saab last year.

I wonder if I should come in insultingly low.

R

·
0 Posts
Definitely go in lower than £2,495! I saw an Aero a few months back. On a 98 plate with 68,000 go for £2,895.

Two and a half is a lot for a near 200k'er, even if it has has a new box and clutch.

Looks very nice though nonetheless.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The joke is, he now has it on http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4560841720[/size]]Ebay too. With a starting bid price of £1,795.00 and a Buy now price of £2795. Added £300 onto his Autotrader price.

And he still doesn't mention the mileage.

I think I will give it a miss.
This one looks much more promising. A much more reasonable price, better mileage and almost as much history.2 owners instead of 1, and I would have prefered Black/Red/Green with black leather instead of silver with grey, but at that price, I can't be too choosy.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last_straw said:
Where you the winning bidder then? if so congratulations, looks a top motor :cheesy:
I wish I was mate:(
got the 3rd degree from missus about wanting "Such a big car again":confused: and how I should get an Astra or a Punto:cry: or something like a Corsa.:roll:

So I bottled it and didn't bid.

R

·
0 Posts
One thing to bare in mind Meatball:

There are approximately 3 billion female humans on the planet, but there were only ever 503,807 Saab 9000's produced. As the years move on, fewer examples remain.

I think you know what you have to do mate!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, She read that.

Unfortunatley I can't find a smiley for her expression, but I did hear something mumbled under her breath about "bags" and "out".

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you want a reason to buy a Saab, think about safety. When we were thinking of changing our Fiesta, there was a story about a family that got wiped out because they were involved in a crash. The view I took at that point was that the Saab may cost more money to run, but if it saves your life, it will be money very well spent. Nothing is worth more than your life.

Also as a 9K driver most other cars tend to leave you alone - they see a bus and leave you to either potter on your way or leave them wondering where the bus went to....

As long as you can get the insurance fairly cheaply, it really is worthwhile going for a 9000 from the comfort and safety point of view.

Kenneth

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was what I loved about my old C900.
She still says a 9000 is too big, but may compromise on a NG900, or a C900 Convertible (even though it is as big as a C900 hatch or Saloon/Sedan) if one comes up at the right price.

How do the NG 900's come out safety wise (sorry thread is moving off topic for the 9000 workshop) and which were the hot models?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts