SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light

Saw this on FB marketplace. It's an '06 car (there's interior pics) but clearly the ugly chrome isn't present and it has the '02-'05 grille. Did this guy swap a whole bumper and hood or something?

I've always avoided the 06-09 cars for the sole reason that the chrome headlights are ugly as all heck but this has my interest if there's a possibility for a swap

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure if you'll be able to view this but here's the ad

It is clearly an 06+ car except for of course the front

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I messaged him and asked about it but he said it was like that when he bought it and after he learned I didn't really wanna buy it he just ignores my messages

I don't think it's a question of whether it's 06 or not, it has to be, look at the pics of the interior/tail lights/etc.

I'm simply wondering if this is a common/easy thing to do? I figured more people would have talked about it

EDIT: for reference here are the pics from the ad
Car Vehicle Gear shift Plant Speedometer

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
10,628 Posts
They must have replaced the hood, bumper, lights, and possibly the fenders with parts from an '02 - '05 car. It was most likely in a wreck unless they hated the Dame Edna front that much. Personally, I think the car looks much better this way. :)

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I see that we have completely determined that it's an '06 (or later) with an earlier bumper. However, from first picture, some clues are that as far as I know, body-coloured door handles and door bump strips started in '06, and those are '06-up rims as well.

I do see that someone went to the trouble of painting the black rub strips on the bumper to body colour.

Extra props for installing HID headlamps....I hope that the autoleveling stuff is all there, though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts