SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Wanting to return to Saabs,but (there's always a but) I need some guidance please
First of I've owned 2 900s 1 na 1 turbo a long time ago,the turbo one just to p##s off scubby drivers. But alas needless to say long sold .
Now older and debatable wiser I'm looking at a 95 aero for day to day plus now I've the time (semi retired) I love drag racing, and b4 the pandemic had a few weekends away booked at Santa pod.now we get to the question. I would like to go and play occasionally (RWYB).now with stage1 or 2 I'd like to make a areo estate a bit of a sleeper car, what do you guys think,yes I know that there are plenty of cars that would fit the bill but starting at 250bhp as standard helps .
Please be kind 馃槑馃槷

Registered
I think the '53 to '54s were considered the sweet spot in Europe. They had the "shark" front bumper shell and were prior to the cost-cutting measures like deletion of the separate fuel cap release, deletion of the tailgate corner courtesy lights etc. the Dame Edna version is regarded to have inferior seat covers and door/steering wheel plastics, and I believe it went into the next tax bracket, being 260 vs. 250 HP, in auto form.

Registered
I suspect you want an automatic 9-5. The manual trans doesn't really have great gearing for leaving the line.

An alternative is to pick up an NG9-3 Aero. The six speed manual is, I suspect, a decent drag race setkup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ,I'm still researching so all options are open for me. Roy 馃槑

1 - 4 of 4 Posts