SaabCentral Forums banner

If you could have one but not the other, which would you choose?

• Whale Tail spoiler

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 16" Aero wheels

Votes: 25 75.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
16", a whaletail without 16" looks silly.. :cheesy:
Not necessarily, had airflow`ed c900 with `15 directional wheels for few years, yes, no the perfect looks but wasn`t that bad either.
having said that I would also choose `16 aeros but then you should also look what money is one and another available at this moment and what it is compared to normal market value and then also how much available one and another will be later. I would say the wheels will be around for quite some time as they were fitted to many 9000 while whale tail was quite specific/limited acessory for c900 that is not that often for sale.

In addition, if you have aero kitted car (not airflow`ed) I would say stock rear spoiler looks better on that than whale tail. So, aero kit + stock spoiler + `16 wheels is a perfect combo while whale tail goes perfect with airflow kit and `16 wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the airflow kit with 15" aeros and whaletale it doesnt look bad at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
And i actually might have 16" aeros if by that you mean its a R15 tire because the rim itself measures 16" so its a 16 inch rim with a 15" mounting area

·
Registered
475 Posts
In my personal opinion, an Airflowed (So with whaletail and big bumpers) 900 needs 16" A fat bodykit needs fat rims to match. ;)

With just the Aero bodykit and 15". A whaletail makes it look out of shape, in again my personal opinion. :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
R15 means its a 15'' rim
Yes R15 does mean a 15" rim but when measured it measures 16" the 15" rim itself is that the area where the bead seats is a 15" area as for the surface area across the rim on mine it is 16" so if someone who wasnt aware of the R15 meaning its a 15" might think its a 16"

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At the moment I've got my SPG rims on my black '90 & they look much better with the whaletail. I'd say the SPG rims need the whaletail & the aeros don't.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice whaletail. You just need center caps on your rims.

Also a road without a pebble or the least hill 'cause man, you'll hit it.
i have the center caps just need to put them back on as for the pebble and hills if the ricer hondas can do it why cant I? ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jasen, Jasen, Jasen

Put those nice stock springs back on or you will get no end of grief from this forum
Those nice stock springs are gone. Going to buy springs eventually though just figured id run it this way for awhile after i get it running.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
'tis a strange world we live in....take the wheels off and it will sit really low:cool:
When i had the back tires off before i lowered it and lowered it to the ground it was slightly taller than it is now :cheesy:

·
Registered
689 Posts
More to the point..
If you can find a whaletail in good nick at a reasonable price GRAB IT!!!
Much easier to find a nice set of wheels later.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts