SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post and if there is a previous thread covering this topic please refer me to it, but everything I've read doesn't deal with my problem in a way that has helped me. I have a 2003 9-3 Vector. Recently I noticed that the floorboard behind the drivers seat was soaking wet after a heavy rain. I pulled up the trim pieces and the pads to dry everything out. Things are nearly dry, but I'm trying to prevent this from happening again. I have read about a clogged moonroof drain, but I tested the drain out by pouring water into the gutter surrounding the moonroof and it drained out fine behind the rear wheel. I was sure that the clogged moonroof drain was the culprit, but it appears to be working fine. Also the stereo had a highpitched squealing noise the other day, and I think it is because the amp under the drivers seat got wet when the water leaked in. Is there anything I can do about the squeal and I would also like to know anyone's idea about what the reason I have rainwater on my floorboards and how I can fix it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Remove the amp to dry it and the mounting area completely. Check door and window seals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a hose over the car while I was inside and I could not see any leaking anywhere around the door or window. If I dry the amp out will it still work? The stereo sounds fine now, I'm just worried about the long term affects of it getting wet.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Did you look down low on the door by the lower seal? Mine was leaking in via a displaced "drip deflector" that is attached to the area of the handle on the inside. Water comes in all doors but gets routed out. Look low, if water is coming in it will take patience.

I did body work and my bud is a real good body guy and it took us three times to find the area and another shop to pull off the inner Tyvek seal to see it.

See post #11 in the light reading thread above ... what I called Tyvek was indeed a sheet of foam.

·
Registered
336 Posts
OP, are you in Lincoln UK or Lincoln, elsewhere? If in the UK then the drivers side wet carpet is the equivalent to US passenger side wet carpet and is usually caused by the failure of the foam that surrounds the passenger compartment air filter housing, which allows water from the windscreen/windshield to drain into the interior passenger compartment footwell. It will also play havoc with the blower motor as the water drips through the motor and will seize the bearings....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem on left rear side of car. To find the problem poored water on window, door and roof and after a while water gathered to door sill and ran into the car and to the AMP1, just because it didn't go away from door sill. One Saab enthusiast who had the same issue said that the problem is door seals- bebause doors are regulated poorly. So i took a wrench and adjusted couple of millimeters that door locking part (I don't know english word to describe it) which is connected on car body (not on door). I just loosened 2 screws, moved that thing 2mm outwards and now everything seems to be fine (upper door seal near roof fits now better) even after hard rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.