·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some bits off a recently-arrived '04 Arc convertible:
  • Passenger door lock module
  • Passenger window switch module
  • Passenger door lock/unlock switch
  • Soft top front lock/unlock linkage including lock cylinder (which was not leaking and there was hydraulic fluid in the system) and sensor
  • Soft top front metal and foam trim (that covers the locking linkage)
  • Fender turn signal repeater (one of mine came apart when I tried to remove it)
This all ran me $30. I would have preferred to pay $20 but I guess it's okay. :cool:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I totally envy you, Ed. That's the thing I miss most about living here. When I lived in the NE US, there were Saabs in yards everywhere.

When I first saw your post, I checked the self serve yards in AZ for Saabs. There were a couple of OG 900s, 5 NG 900s, zero OG 9-3s, and 2 NG 9-3s (both '04) in the state. Sigh...I could probably find a few more if I dig deeper.

There's a yard in PHX that will ship me most anything in a pinch, but no picking, and it costs. Example: $675 delivered for a 2000 5 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got some bits off a recently-arrived '04 Arc convertible:
  • Passenger door lock module
  • Passenger window switch module
  • Passenger door lock/unlock switch
  • Soft top front lock/unlock linkage including lock cylinder (which was not leaking and there was hydraulic fluid in the system) and sensor
  • Soft top front metal and foam trim (that covers the locking linkage)
  • Fender turn signal repeater (one of mine came apart when I tried to remove it)
This all ran me $30. I would have preferred to pay $20 but I guess it's okay. :cool:
I went to a yard in St. Paul. They wanted to charge me $60.00 for a plastic engine cover...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I went to a yard in St. Paul. They wanted to charge me $60.00 for a plastic engine cover...
V6 or 2.0? I have an extra V6 cover...

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favourite two local junkyards are running low on Saabs in general.

They both seem to often make up prices on the spot, especially for items that aren't something they know about like a headlight or a door or a transmission. Generally, those prices are much cheaper than what I see on ebay. There are also a couple of yards that have a very long and defined price list, which is sometimes to my advantage (like $55 for a hood/bonnet).

I just like going to junkyards and browsing.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You probably want to find a cover eventually. The ECM really doesn't like getting wet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts