SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left for a
bout 2 months. I totaled my Mercedes and as quick fix picked up a 2006 9-3 Aero Convertible. 151 K miles but owned since new by a woman who never drove it in bad weather ( never even put the top up, garaged all the time. Cosmetically mint but since it was a third car needed this and that. Got it for 1500 Needed tires ( bald) and a fuel pump (it appears.)

Ill be on the 9-3 SC forums now, gotta learn about the new ride...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Convertible is always better choice than any merc.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
That was a heck of a deal, too! I could barely buy a beat to crap NG900 convertible for that price in my neck of the woods!

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Nice!

I test drove a 2005-ish 9-3 convertible a while ago, the cowl shudder turned me off (it was even worse then my 1987 Jaguar XJS-C V-12) so I passed on it, I always wondered if it was just that particular car or they all have cowl shudder.

I drove my cousin's 2004 Thunderbird last week...you get to experience every bump about seven times. :)

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!

I test drove a 2005-ish 9-3 convertible a while ago, the cowl shudder turned me off (it was even worse then my 1987 Jaguar XJS-C V-12) so I passed on it, I always wondered if it was just that particular car or they all have cowl shudder.

I drove my cousin's 2004 Thunderbird last week...you get to experience every bump about seven times. :)
Hell I had several triumphs where the doors would pop open on a railroad crossing so any cowl shake is not noticeable to me lol.

I had a 1978 XJS V12 many moons ago. I thought Jag added that weird "roll cage" to keep it from having any shake. I think the went total vert after that, I wonder how those were.

Cowl saakes a bit but rides smooth. I added Sumitomo tires they have great traction but a softer sidewall ( ran them on my Hirsch Suspension 9-5 helped pull some of the harshness. I think these will on the Vert as well. I will report back.

Welcome back! and yes, that was fast.
LOL You stick with what you know... I Also have a 2013 Jaguar XF AWD 3.0 V6 that I pulled the Supercharger to do maintenance and am sending it for porting. Already with a tune its supposed to be at 406HP I hope to hit 460 ( several quoted) with the SC porting, throttle body and pulley. That's the funner one.

That was a heck of a deal, too! I could barely buy a beat to crap NG900 convertible for that price in my neck of the woods!
Yeah but poorly maintained, I bet it hasn't had an oil change for years...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts