SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a slight fore-aft rocking motion in the driver's seat. I've not bothered to investigate.

Or, at least, I hadn't before this morning.

I put a load of leather conditioner on the seats last night, so they weren't quite as slippery as normal. In I get, hotch myself back... and - WOOOOH! HEADLINING!

The outer runner has just pulled the bolt through the base of the seat...

As you look at the seat portion of the runner, there's a vaguely shiny (ally?) block about 10mm tall, which is bolted to the black painted seat frame itself. The front bolt's ripped the hole apart and pulled the washer through. Oh, wude words. Fortunately, I managed to bodge something together using the mortal remains of the disposable spanner which was supplied with a new bed, found in the depths of my toolbox.

I think that the seat will be meeting Mr MIG very soon.

Seriously - if you've got strange play in the seat, check it before it gets worse. I don't wanna know what the story would have been if it'd gone when I had to brake hard yesterday after some numpt pulled out of a side road more than a little close in front of me - then the one behind him followed....

I'll take pics when I dismantle.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
had one that the weld had gone, and was not made aware till it virtually came of the runners, (daughters 900) so have a look before it goes completely as it is harder to marry up the join if both sides break.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TooMany2cvs said:
I think that the seat will be meeting Mr MIG very soon.
I didn't take pics, because I didn't do the fix - I succumbed to point'n'pay on the whole lot.

It's fixed, and the seat's FAR more solid than before. The metal frame's very thin metal, and all four bolt holes on the driver's seat were knackered. Front outer had pulled completely through, and the other three weren't far behind. All rebuilt now with much thicker steel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts