SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I pulled the trigger yesterday while having my 9.7 in for its 36K service. There was a 9.3 Aero Sport Combi that wanted to be exercised, and after a brief run we 'swapped' (no money exchanged, except on paper). Of course this happened after I had added new Lloyd 'SAAB' mats in black front and rear, 1" aluminum rear wheel spacers (custom CNC'ed), Ultimate Aluminum Pedals, all of which I have taken off. The 9.3 Aero SC is suprisingly roomy and quick, love the interior trim and the steering wheel shift paddles. Being an 07 (don't really care for the styling on the 08) they knocked off 6.5K from the invoice...what an incentive! Smoke Brown exterior and parchement interior. Th 9.7 has been great, but as the service manager at SAAB of Santa Ana suggested that I really didn't want to pay for oil changes...hehehe! Being my second SAAB I guess I'm a SAAB tofsi...

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
An awesome choice....:cool:

The SC drives extremely well and holds enough stuff to make you happy....

EDIT: Just saw the bit about the spacers...

You might want to get spacers for the front too. Increasing the front track of a FWD car increases oversteer, while increasing the rear track increases understeer -- and the car has plenty of that as is :D

H+R makes an off-the-shelf spacer that fits. (I'm running 20mm spacers in the front to clear Porsche calipers) You can order them from Turner Motorsports for about $110-120

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Got pictures? Anything to distinguish it from other SCs? I might have seen you around since I've been seeing a lot of SportCombis in Orange County lately..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Abarth said:
Th 9.7 has been great, but as the service manager at SAAB of Santa Ana suggested that I really didn't want to pay for oil changes...hehehe!

please don't tell me you bought a new car all to not have to pay for oil changes?! :eek:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
timmehhhhhh said:
Got pictures? Anything to distinguish it from other SCs? I might have seen you around since I've been seeing a lot of SportCombis in Orange County lately..
It's Smoke Brown Metalic and has my ABARTH Shield on the trim above the 9.3 on the rear left. I'll be the one that is flying very low.

Tim

·
Registered
507 Posts
Abarth said:
hehehehe! You got me!

Tim

LOL so long as you're alright with it man, i find oil changes cheaper then monthly payments ;) ;) course unless you had a lease that was up/due...mine was bought cash so I guess might be a dif. situation...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chiller said:
LOL so long as you're alright with it man, i find oil changes cheaper then monthly payments ;) ;) course unless you had a lease that was up/due...mine was bought cash so I guess might be a dif. situation...
Actually the car ( and the truck) are company vechile's, my company so they are written off via the company. But on the thrifty side of it I'm saving a minimum of $150.00 per month on gas savings alone and I'm still bedazeled by the amount of behind the rear seat room of the S/C, more than the 9.7X, IMHO. Alos faster and better handling. Do miss some of the creature features on the 9.7X.

Tim

·
Registered
507 Posts
Abarth said:
Actually the car ( and the truck) are company vechile's, my company so they are written off via the company. But on the thrifty side of it I'm saving a minimum of $150.00 per month on gas savings alone and I'm still bedazeled by the amount of behind the rear seat room of the S/C, more than the 9.7X, IMHO. Alos faster and better handling. Do miss some of the creature features on the 9.7X.

Tim

i suppose depends on what you bought the vehicle for, lucky you get to write it off, for us, the 97x is our suv just to round out the stable on the driveway...already got a minivan to haul lots of people, got a cross over/wagon, got a luxury car and got a economy car ... didn't have an suv before the 97x came along...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Abarth said:
It's Smoke Brown Metalic and has my ABARTH Shield on the trim above the 9.3 on the rear left. I'll be the one that is flying very low.

Tim
That is a fabulous colour. Not enough people seem to have the confidence to buy it though.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SMHarman said:
That is a fabulous colour. Not enough people seem to have the confidence to buy it though.
Thank you, I like going against the grain. :evil:

Tim

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well ABARTH, I'm glad you are now in a true Saab. Although some will criticize even this as not being a real Saab, as it shares some parts, but it was in fact Saab designed from the get-go. Not to say that the 9-7X is by any means a poor vehicle..I hear many very good things about them. I'm just looking forward to the day when it is Swedish built and designed, though!! Have fun and watch your speedometer, the smoothness of acceleration is deceiving!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
snowboardin58 said:
Well ABARTH, I'm glad you are now in a true Saab. Although some will criticize even this as not being a real Saab, as it shares some parts, but it was in fact Saab designed from the get-go. Not to say that the 9-7X is by any means a poor vehicle..I hear many very good things about them. I'm just looking forward to the day when it is Swedish built and designed, though!! Have fun and watch your speedometer, the smoothness of acceleration is deceiving!!
Well soon it will be built in Germany, not Sweden I'm afraid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts