SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i can feel my clutch slip a little bit every now and then, and it's understandable, i've taught quite a few people (including myself) how to drive on this clutch :roll: what's a good route to go down? i saw the partsforsaabs one for $128, and thats lookin real good... is there a better one i can get for... say... under $200 though? will that partsforsaabs one last a good long while?

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
mikewitdaspike said:
i saw the partsforsaabs one for $128, and thats lookin real good... is there a better one i can get for... say... under $200 though? will that partsforsaabs one last a good long while?
<has a look>
Well, it's Borg & Beck - a decent brand - and it's described as OEM, so it _should_ be the exact same one as if you walked into a dealer and bought theirs - just in a different box.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try eeuroparts too. I love their service. The prices are pretty hard to beat and the shipping is free and fast. I just replaced my clutch with Sachs kit. The kit I bught had the slave, flywheel bearing, Shaft cover seal, Shaft seal, Pilot bearing, and dust cover. That cost 230 USD. Be sure to get a pressure bleeder, I thought I could get away from that but ended up learning the hard way and ordering one later. That should come today and then I can let you know how the sachs stuff is. I'm not sure if this is something new that sachs is trying but the pressure plate has different shaped fingers which in my opinion makes it easier to install over the borgbeck one. Also the friction disk seems to be built better. It has some heft over the valeo one I pulled out. It is also bigger in diameter. Which equals more surface area which equals sweetness. I have pictures if you would like as well.
Cheers

·
Registered
491 Posts
same here, my clutch has been slipping since I got it :cheesy: When ever I drive another five speed it seems like a race car, even my step's element! Can't bring myself to buy one yet...

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
nnamssorxela said:
same here, my clutch has been slipping since I got it :cheesy: When ever I drive another five speed it seems like a race car, even my step's element! Can't bring myself to buy one yet...
I don't wanna know how bad the face of your flywheel's going to be when you DO finally get round to it...

·
Registered
491 Posts
...well I haven't heard metal hitting metal yet;)
I also heard it could be an adjustment problem? how would I go about "adjusting" my clutch?

-Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts