SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up yesterday. Was able to swap over my wheels and spacers. It was tough to see the Vector go but I fell in love with the TX. Plus, the TX came VTuned :)

And one rolling pic..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did it have the TurboX wheels on originally that you swapped out? I will buy them if you don't want them anymore.

Good looking ride. There are just those small differences that make the TurboX look so good, like the rear diffuser. Also Vtuner can't hurt :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Picked it up yesterday. Was able to swap over my wheels and spacers. It was tough to see the Vector go but I fell in love with the TX. Plus, the TX came VTuned :)

And one rolling pic..

i'd be smiling like that if i got a turbo x too, you're a lucky man ;ol;

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Excellent trade up ;ol; Your Vector was gorgeous I'm sure you'll treat the TX even better

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I can't stop smiling when I'm in it! Haha. Part of the deal I had with the dealer was to swap my wheels and spacers out with the TX wheels, so no I don't have them still.. Sorry! Its not brand new but it's pretty mint.. It has 49K and I paid $15,100 with trade.. I probably coulda gotten a bit more for my car but once I drove it I got impatient and had to have it haha

·
Registered
84 Posts
How much was the trade worth? I have a 2004 Aero manual transmission with ~150k so I don't think I'll get more than ~2500 for it trade value. Thinking about upgrading next year so that's what I'm thinking of paying and want to stay around 50-60k miles.

Hoping by next year prices will go down even more and I can get one...By then I'll probably have ~160k miles on this car, hopefully it will make it till then.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No deal without the TurboX wheels. Sorry but that makes the car. I didn't even know that was a TurboX at first. Nice car none the less.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up getting $4900.. It had 140k on it.. He wanted to give me next to nothing for it but that's what I ended up with. Not the best, but could have been worse I guess..

I personally don't like the TX wheels and love the EKM3s. Just my preference. There are a lot of other things that distinguish the TX from other models..

The only thing I don't like is I was running 225/40/18s on my Vector which look a bit silly on the X.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We'll see when the time comes I guess what I get for it and what I'd have to pay. Now the question is, v6 or 4? Is it still preferred to get the 4 on the newer models? Are the engines more reliable?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not jealous one little bit ! :evil:

so you going for the after market sat nav head unit option ?

but congrats on a great looking car (but I do prefer the TX wheels)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. That rolling shot says it all if you are the driver - wipe that smile of your face!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha! Yea I may get a Nav unit.. We'll see.. Yea the sound of the car is amazing. I can't wait to start tinkering with the exhaust to make it even more mean!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome to The Family! And the Mod Journey is no doubt to begin in Earnest :):

1. Navigation: If you want to go down the headunit route I would recommend one of the latest Kenwood built ins (with Garmin maps). Either DNX 6190 HD (which is much upgraded version of what Saab had offered back in 2008 for 3 times the price-- 6.1 inch screen with knobs) or DNX 7190, same but with 6.98 inch touch screen (no knobs) for $400 more (about $1300 up here- I bought an earlier version 7160 and quite happy; Excelon version more expensive with some other bells). You'll need to get a few extra bits and pieces if you want to use the steering wheel controls (sourced from the UK -- last I checked, but perhaps things have changed) and trim around the dash (See details in my 'Photo Gallery' submission). I would also give serious consideration to the back up camera option (don't necessarily have to buy the Kenwood camera) which would add a couple of hundred more. The steering wheel controls can be finicky ...and because the backup camera connects to the CANBUS will sometimes not trigger. A direct analogue connection is an alternative that I may apply for absolute connectivity. Downside of new headunit: You'll lose Onstar (at least I have) and service interval in the SID (all other warnings function).

2. I've also gone down the spacer path (for the stock wheels-with .40 offset(?) and 7.5 inch width), but only 15mm allround. It's plenty...25mm pushes things out too much and also adds (even more) bearing stress (IMHO). Though the OZ HLTs I have for winter are objectively superior to the stock wheel (18 x 8 -- and barely 18lbs!) must confess I believe stocks are iconic and wouldn't part with them (though I am seriously entertaining the lead of ken ny000 in darkening the 'titanium' section of those wheels for a more aggressive look). Understand you're running 40 profile...45 will certainly fill wheel well better and less punishing ride--when it comes to switch give consideration to General G Max AS-03 or [Parent] Continental DWS.

3. Looks like a tint is called for: Beige parcel shelf shouts for 20% (if you can manage) on rear window; 35% for rest will ensure police don't dwell. If your paint is still in good shape think about adding Ventureshield 'clear bra' to mirrors, half-hood and bumpers (and if not in perfect shape: re-spray and then cover).

4. Tunes: So much written...but having loved and lived with VTuners Stage 0 Rev.2 I'm ready to go to Stage 1 (w 19T) and call it a day (Kanundrum has sung its praises loudly!).

5. GS Midpipe for sure (w Race Cat)...and Downpipe if you're confident you'll pass emission tests (I have Ferrita midpipe via Maptun -- which is a superb choice too if you can source directly from Europe, otherwise prohibitively expensive). Also (assuming you have a manual) GS has some shifter cable enhancements for barely any money.

6. Intercooler from Maptun is expensive (you may be looking at $1000, shipped [Neobrothers.co.uk]) but well worth considering (I have not suffered any of the so-called pre-ignition issues that have plagued others, tuned).

7. I think the car needs lowering a smidge. The Hirsch springs are perfect (10mm at front only) for that but I think I grabbed one of the last sets! Otherwise replace with Coil-overs from Maptun down the road. I'm waiting patiently for Nick at GS to come up with something too!

8. GS strut brace is inexpensive (I'm not sure if Nick has put the one he developed for Turbo X on catalogue yet...otherwise his 'generic' one?). Though dispersions have been cast on the Maptun version (for putting pressure on the coolant overflow) I've had no issues whatsover and confident in its integrity. But purchased in North America you're looking at 2x price of GS one...

9. Underside cross-brace (again via GS). Inexpensive...risk of being ripped off if you hit a speed bump, I suppose (?).

10. Brakes: When times comes...Stock Hirsch (had seen at one time on NeoBrothers for less than I thought; unslotted-no nonsense, quiet, powerful, long lasting --but calipers will start to look shabby and need annual painting,touch-up [cheap black caliper paint does fine!]; GS Rotors with Hawk pads; EBC Rotors w Red or Yellow stuff (I'd go yellow..). Set of Goodridge stainless steel lines would complement.

Plenty for now [Hirsch dash and handle coverings --which I've just picked up at discount in Trollhattan --are cake-icing :)] And drain/fill all differential/transmission fluids annually!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts